Blunted's Story

Interesting post. Can you please go into how you settled on that particular combination of medications and their dosages? For instance, did you add them one at a time and alter dosages or did you suddenly begin taking them in their current regime without any adjustment or additions/subtractions?

1 Like

Sure no problem, I’ll give a rundown of my medication adjustments with timelines.

I initially started out with just Bupropion and Quetiapine 7 years ago for mental health reasons. A combination of prednisone, heavy weed and hash use in combination with anabolic steroid poisoning from a tainted protein supplement put me in a drug induced psychosis. Quetiapine is used to treat psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder primarily. Bupropion to treat adhd as well as boost my depressed mood. I decided to stay on both because bipolar disorder and adhd are things I dealt with well before ever suffering from PFS. Taken them had nothing to do with PFS whatsoever.
    Quetiapine 600mg
    Bupropion 450mg, 150mg 3x a day
    Effect on PFS: Very little. Quetiapine makes you drowzy and sleepy initially when you start taking it but the effect wears off over time. I would still have piss poor sleep due to PFS regardless. Bupropion I felt had a minor effect on PFS symptoms but nothing to write home about.

• 2018/2019
    Requested to take Paroxetine because it is used to treat premature ejaculation. Knowing it is an SSRI I was also interested in seeing how it would interact with Bupropion because it gets prescribed together with SSRI’s to mitigate the sexual side effects. I noticed a very small improvement when I started taking it, but once again nothing to write home about. It wasn’t much, but it was something, so I decided to stay on it. What came as a total surprise to me was the fact my gums had stopped receding when I had my appointment with the dental hygienist. Not only that but I had regrowth of my gum pockets. After acquiring PFS I started having gum recession, I was stoked to have this process halted.
    Quetiapine 800mg, raised on request to help me sleep better.
    Bupropion 300mg, 150mg 2x a day, lowered to 300 (because Bupropion and Paroxetine both have effect on the heart).
    Paroxetine 20mg initially but raised with an extra 10mg on request (this way I could spread the intake of Paroxetine throughout the day for aimed better success with premature ejaculation).

I had an appointment coming up with the urologist to have surgery on the short frenulum of my penis. I remembered Gabapentin killed the pain of pulling a wisdom teeth entirely the day after I took it 10 years ago. So I requested it again for the surgery. I was prescribed 300mg and felt absolutely amazing in every aspect of my PFS symptoms. I was horny, popped spontaneous boners, had morning wood and slept like a baby. And most of all the effects lasted for months afterwards. I recall vividly having to mentally fight the spontaneous erections in order to not strain the stitches I had from surgery in fear of pulling them loose. Premature ejaculation did rear it’s ugly head over time but to a lesser extent. I reported my PFS symptom relief back to my doctor and he agreed to put me 100mg of Gabapentine daily for starters and it has been nothing short of miraculous ever since. Premature ejaculation subsided again, not sure if it would return if I stopped taking Gabapentin. I’ll stay on it if need be, I feel absolutely amazing with this regimen and that is good enough for me. It helps that I have been blessed with doctors that support me in fighting PFS. My general practictioner even filed an official complaint against the use of Finasteride for treatment of hairloss.

Which brings me to my current regimen:
8:00 Bupropion 150mg / Paroxetine 20mg
16:00 Bupropion 150mg / Paroxetine 10mg
20:00 Quetiapine 800mg
21:00 Gabapentin 100mg

2 Likes

Interesting that you had premature ejaculation when most have numbness, or basically the opposite.

I’m pretty sure one of the mods reported the same. I think it was awor.

1 Like

When can we affirm you recovered or achieved normal life?
4 years after quit? 6? 8?

I’m not entirely sure what you mean, but I’ll keep posting here to keep everyone updated. I think you’re referring to a timeframe of sustained PFS symptom relief without crashing before we can definitively say I have recovered, is that correct? I’m surprised myself I haven’t crashed already really. I’ve been feeling great for roughly 4 months without fluctuations. I’m not sure you could call it a recovery though when you need this medication regimen for PFS symptom relief. But at the very least it’s a working treatment. And I hope to God this works for everyone else with PFS too. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hey, does this combo works for anhedonia/emotional numbness?

I meant, in other words:
How long since you developed PFS, you were with the syndrom until you get a 80% recovery for example.?
How long you get stuck with that until you were okay mentally and sexually to affirm “i’m normal again”?

I definitely feel more connected to everything around me since starting this regimen. Reason I went with Blunted"NoMore" as my username hehe.

Since starting current regimen (adding Gabapentin as the great decider) everything just clicked and I feel normal again, you know it when you feel it. There is no mistaking the feeling and that’s coming from someone who has had PFS for 10 years. I remember reading a story from a member who suffered from PFS for years and he decided to take 1 pill of Finasteride again to feel completely recovered for 2 weeks until he crashed again. I don’t think it matters how long you’ve been suffering from PFS and to what extent or how much you recovered in the meantime percentage wise on your own after crashing. I don’t think anyone is beyond saving, PFS is reversible for everyone. But that’s just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

Hello!
How are you doing now? Have Gabapentin proven to work long-term?

How u feel today?

Howdy, I’m doing great.
It’s been a while since I posted and have to re-read where I left off.
The one major update I can give since my last posts concerns the pre-mature ejaculation that plagued me after acquiring PFS.
This current regimen of medication I’m taking has caused a major shift in that department. Where as before I would ejaculate instantly during penetration. I can now last hours before reaching orgasm, and have amazing orgasms with it. Got to put it to the test but broke up with my girlfriend recently over non-PFS related issues. Sex life wasn’t one of it, my stamina has returned fully. I’m back to being the stallion I was before ever taking finasteride.
What esle can I say, mood is great, sleep is great, no brainfog and the list goes on.
I’m working hard on making up for the time lost being in limbo with PFS. Through all the trails and tribulations with this bullshit, it doesn’t get any better than this.
I’m never getting back the years I could have had if I never took this poison. But there’s so much joy in where I am right now.
I wish you all the best, we can all beat this thing.
Never lose hope.

3 Likes

I should mention I increased gabapentine from 100mg to 400mg with even better results.

Your words are very inspiring, I’m very glad to read about your recovery.
Are you still taking these drugs? And have you also recovered from the physical changes?