Bi-Layer Melatonin

Hey guys,

I figured I’d share a supplement which has actually helped me somewhat. I have always taken melatonin since I was a kid at various dosages from 1mg a night to 3mg a night. A few months ago, I had really horrible insomnia and I would wake up 2-3 times a night, and some nights I’d get maybe 2 hours of sleep. I didn’t want to try sleeping drugs, but my melatonin, magnesium, and chamomile tea was only helping so much. I did some digging and found this melatonin that has 2 layers - a fast dissolve and a slow dissolve - one to help you fall asleep, and the other which is supposed to help you stay asleep. I have been taking a half tablet to a whole tablet every night for a few months now and I believe it has helped. I’ve had some heavy brain and body changes, but I believe the biggest barrier to me sleeping sufficiently was my own panic and inability to relax. If there is a risk in trying melatonin, I’m not aware of it. But the brand is Nature’s Bounty 5mg bi-layer tablets (or Dual Spectrum). Green bottle, purple label.

Melatonin is a really potent antioxidant, so a risk could be if supplementation can suppress your natural production of the hormone when taken in the long term, but I have not seen this studied.