Beware of Royal Jelly

I’ve been doing better in terms of libido, well-being, sleep, workout resilience, etc. and was nearing dare I say “full remission”?. As many of you already know, I focused on “modulating gut microbiome and lowering inflammation” hypothesis instead of manipulating individual hormones. I was trying to further lower carbs/sugars and increase fibers so I replaced regular sugar with royal jelly honey. It’s touted as a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. I added roughly 1 teaspoon to my morning tea or milk and in a matter of a few days, I started getting extreme itchy skin, tinnitus, trouble breathing, headaches, increased joints pain, fatigue, brain fog, and absent morning erections. Felt like I was relapsing and I was at a complete loss. I looked up my journal and it seems to have all started after adding the royal jelly.

I did more more research and came across multitude of articles on some people experiencing severe allergy to royal jelly. It must have skyrocketed inflammation (Pro-Inflammatory cytokines) and triggered PFS-like symptoms. So those considering royal jelly, be warned.

I was considering it. Are there like any “safe” herbs at all we can take? :thinking:

You may be among the lucky ones who aren’t allergic to it. But I’d still start with a very low dose and see how I do first, if I were you. What are you taking it for @Crembo ?