Best Research to give to Doctors

Other than the obvious Baylor study, are there any other research papers that are worth providing to a doctor so they don’t think I’m crazy? Maybe another paper or two to add to the Baylor study so it doesn’t get too complicated.

I’ve already had multiple endocrinologists dismiss me with depression and tell me to see a psychologist so it would help if I could give them evidence.

Thank you

1 Like

Hey @MS11

Use this: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/602016517dc49320d38bccfb/t/6116921d24f47b05ebf776d2/1628869176924/PFS+Letter+to+Healthcare+Providers.pdf

3 Likes

Or you could choose which you think best help your case from pfsnetwork.org/science

2 Likes

Hi Sugarhouse,

I was recently trying to explain this condition to a doctor but found it hard to link post finasteride syndrome to accutane.
Is there any study or publicised research that link the two conditions?
I suppose I’d be looking for some kind of common denominator?

If there’s ever a study looking into skin or adipose tissue and they’d be willing to accept an accutane or SSRI patient I’d be willing to volunteer if it’s close enough.
I feel like my symptoms are pretty obvious to see visually, obviously the sexual, mental and visual snow ones I can’t show or prove as easy but the lumpy fat and skin issues I’ve clear evidence of, people can’t deny that so I suppose it’s a blessing and a curse.

1 Like

Hi @Devolution2, it’s a really good question and unfortunately there’s not much in the medical literature, other than a few mentions in one or two of Traish’s literature reviews saying similar conditions occur to those who take Accutane or SSRIs. I can’t remember which ones exactly though, sorry. They’re up on pfsnetwork.org/science if you want to trawl through.

The other thing is our literature review: https://www.propeciahelp.com/post-androgen-deprivation-syndrome-abstract/

You could work backwards from there and try and find the papers we’ve referenced about Accutane/SSRIs.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Sugarhouse.
Is the upcoming study being funded looking to find a link between the drugs or is it solely focused on Finasteride?

I know with the Post-Androgen Deprivation Syndrome it includes multiple drug substances which can cause the disease.
So hopefully there can be links made as there’s also a lot of SSRI and accutane users here too.
I think it’d be easier if it was under one unified name so I was just wondering is there a plan going forward to unity things?