Best PFS Doctors

Hi all, who is considered the best PFS doctor these days with the best results? Does anyone have any experience with neuroendocrinologist Dr. Alan Jacobs out of NY?

2 Likes

Bueller?

I was thinking about making a thread like this too.

If I’m remembering correctly, Dr. Alan Jacobs is actually among the most esteemed PFS doctors. Michael Irwig in Boston and Irwin Goldstein in San Diego are another couple of big names, I think.

If you didn’t already know, you can find a list of docs that treat (or maybe just acknowledge) PFS here: https://www.pfsfoundation.org/pfs-medical-professionals/

Another doctor who comes to mind is Will Powers in Minnesota. He claimed to have treated several PFS patients via rectally-inserted progesterone.

You can search the forum and you’ll see a ton of topics that discuss people’s experiences with Dr. Jacobs

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Bib, any idea on Powers’ success in helping patients with the rectal progesterone?

Rectally admistered progesterone absorbs better apparently but if this doctor was so sure of himself he would have contacted the PFS foundation and let them know. Plus he practices transgender medicine and already plays god with peoples hormones

1 Like

Not a clue. I asked my own doc to try to get into contact with him. That was a while ago so I’ll email him tomorrow and see if he got anywhere. I’m just a little bit skeptical myself because I’ve never personally heard from a PFS patient that saw him. Also, like Aaron said, it’s kinda weird that he apparently knows what PFS is but has never bothered to contact the foundation.

1 Like

Americans are so lucky, atleast the doctors know what pfs is. I live in a place where doctors aren’t even interested in listening u, forget about pfs. Have to face all this torture alone without any support.

Hey! Please allow me to step in, but what can one expect from top doctors than not from regular ones on PFS?

Not a ton in my experience. The biggest thing is just acknowledgment that PFS even exists. Amongst PFS doctors, they all seem to use similar variances of treatment for the condition. A combination of anti-depressants, thyroid medications, and hormone regulators… and then fine tuning the aforementioned based on blood tests.