Becoming Father with PFS

Hey guys,

i have some hope again in my life and wanted to ask here people with pfs who got children after pfs. Are they healthy? Any abnormalities? Can i safely have children with pfs ? :confused:

3 Likes

I’ve had PFS 20 years and my son is 7 he’s fit and healthy and already interested in girls. More so than his Dad. I think everything will be ok

17 Likes

I’m unaware of any issues with passing this on.

3 Likes

I have a 3yo boy and a 5m old girl. Both were born with zero complications and are growing normal and healthy.

11 Likes

I guess these epigenetic issues are not passed on or they are not epigenetic in nature. Only god knows

1 Like

I have a boy 4yrs and girl 2yrs old, both are healthy. I was worried something would pass on to them too but was sure early on that they were fine. They sleep normal , tons of emotions, regular kids! I dont think you need to worry bro.

7 Likes

you and @moonman1 gave me the best info in a while :smiley:

1 Like

I was worried too once I realised the full extent of this disease. I would watch my son for any signs in behaviour, sleep, development. He is very healthy my sperm at the time had 13 years worth of pfs. As said this is epigenetic which isn’t passed on. Thankfully this is one cruelty we are not subjected too. We can all still be Dad’s, the main purpose in our being !

5 Likes

Id taken finasteride for 8 years when my daughter was born, she 5 years old, happy and healthy. I wouldn’t worry guys.

3 Likes

Are these all IVF?

2 Likes

I have 3 boys and a girl. I watch them all closely but have never seen anything that concerns me.

2 Likes

My son was via IVF

1 Like

This is the thread I have been needing. Glad to hear so many sufferers have happy, healthy kids.

3 Likes

I know a father of three who’s had pfs for 20+ years and had his kids after getting sick. All are healthy and well.

I have read a reddit post about a guy taking propecia, then he stopped it to have kids and now his son has hypospadia. Sounds related to low dht