Baylor's research is finished and checked by a medical journal

None

I messaged Khera back in September and he said the University of Utah Genetics dept. had collaborated with them analyze the dataā€¦Never heard anymore and people I have talk to who have had contact say the same thing ā€œwe have to wait longerā€ so IDKā€¦Sounds like they are having difficulties with it. Utah specializes in epigenetics most notably in the nuero aspects so pretty obvious where the rabbit hole has leadā€¦

2 Likes

Anyone heard anything about Baylor?

6 Likes

You might already know that they published a study that showed vascular abnormalities in the penises of PFS patients. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s more to come, though.

yes there is more to come.

the 2nd part is the genetic portion that shows what and where the gene silencing happened which would be a big deal

1 Like

I messaged Khera a few weeks ago and he said the the usual. The study and write-up have been completed and they are waiting on a response from the medical journal.

4 Likes

How can we put pressure on the medical journal?

Itā€™s probably a bad idea to do that

3 Likes

Give them a lot of money dependent upon their rapid approval of said publication, find some dirt on the editor and threaten to release it to the public if they donā€™t approve the paper quickly

But emailing the journal a million times will only hurt our chances bc they will associate the concept of PFS with annoying people

Given the circumstance we are all in they need to be pressured at the fullest extent this is very serious and should not be taken lightly.

1 Like

Why would they delay? I thought Khera said he handed data off to the Uni of Utah for analysis. Has that been completed I wonder?

I cannot stress this enough - please do not attempt to apply pressure to the medical journal.

8 Likes

My guess is they werenā€™t able to find anything substantial. Getting approval from the medical journal? Can someone explain what that even means??

Itā€™s standard process - studies need to be approved by the journal the author wants to be published in.

While we wait for Baylor, would anyone like to speak publicly on the new PFS video podcast which Iā€™ll be starting next month?

4 Likes

That would just backfire on us

We have zero leverage to pressure them correctly

4 Likes

So whatā€™s a reasonable time line then before pressure should be applied. 1 month , 6 months , 1 year , 5 years? Seems like it has gone on long enough we all think Iā€™m sure.

I donā€™t understand why it takes so long for such a study. And even if it does take so long, at least I expect some updates or information. Every day I live in pain without knowing if I ever get better. I lost everything in my life, my career, my social life and everything I loved about life. I canā€™t commit suicide but I still hope pfs itself will kill me. The impact on the brain is enormous. I feel like a 90 years old man while before finasteride I had tons of energy and plans to do with my life. I have no job and canā€™t have a future. I studied business engineering. Now Iā€™m at 5 years of pfs.

For governments describing finasteride to young men (its even only for cosmetics) can be very costly for society. They should ban it immediatly for cosmetic purpose. Too much risks involvedā€¦

9 Likes

@stepro its criminal that theres so many this severe and yet it goes on.

2 Likes

Check my latest thread @LazarusRy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never

We donā€™t have the right type of leverage and we will probably never will. If you were some kind or management staff at the company and controlled their budgets that would be a different story where you tell them to hurry up if they want more funds for next year. But that will NEVER happen so just drop it

If you try to pressure them we will have our entire reputation burned and you can say good bye to any type of outside help at that point

2 Likes