Baylor Study to release within 2 Weeks

I called there years ago and spoke with his assistant and asked her about the study and she didnt know anything about it. He must just be keeping it close to his chest right?? Or the whole thing is B.S.
Why would he tell his patients about it but not his employees? That doesnt happen, something doesn’t add up.

1 Like

Yea, I agree. Something is fishy there. And for her to be so short with me. She didn’t elaborate or offer anything else for that matter. And I specifically asked for his email and she didn’t give it to me. I’m confused. I think Merck is paying everybody off.

2 Likes

I don’t get people who have done nothing for someone feeling entitled to their time, calling them up and/or asking for their email addresses. If this community wasn’t so spoiled and entitled then we would probably have a cure by now. No one owes any of us anything, it is our job to get research done. As long as we don’t do our job, we will never get a cure. We will never have lovers. We will never get married. We will never have children. We’ll basically be 70 year old teenagers.

Guys, let’s not harass people. Let’s get survey respondents,

5 Likes

Can you email the assistant again and ask her to elaborate? No harm in trying.
Her reply would a be a good indicator of what is to come

She doesn’t have any control over this and probably no knowledge so I guarantee you that she won’t give you any information and these persistent emails only annoys researchers who are working on our behalf. We are already seen as a difficult patient group and it doesn’t help to give them more evidence.

I think this conversation and others about Baylor should be closed until the study is published.

This topic is not only a waste of time, but it is harmful that members are spreading false and baseless conspiracy theories. Some people are encouraging others keep to pester the offices of researchers.

If this thread were to be read by people outside the community, it would frankly reflect very poorly on us.

1 Like

They 100% deserve to be pestered.
People are losing lives over here.

Mild irritation looks okay in my eyes to people who lie when others lives are concerned.

Its not like we are losing anything otherwise. They already fucked us over.

2 Likes

They owe you nothing and did nothing to harm you. You didn’t even take finasteride so this study won’t even be relevant to you.

I hope this thread gets closed ASAP.

1 Like

Yes the biggest thing that makes me question PFS really exists is how useless and nutty its community is. In other words, if PFS really exists, then why does the community not do something rather than just sitting around popping pills and bitching about how unfair the world is? The only reason I believe PFS exists is that I have it and it is ruining my life. Everything else about this community and the fact it has done absolutely nothing in 15 years indicates that PFS is nothing more than nutty ravings of a bunch of hypochondriacs. Imagine being a researcher and looking at us. We look like entitled conspiracy theorists who sit around talking without ever doing anything because what we have isn’t real.

3 Likes

Not having enough human compassion to even respond to people in suffering doesn’t look alright to me. My opinion.
Nothing i can do about it, thats true. I emailed khera long ago, in nice words just asking for any info he could give. I begged him to understand my situation. Its an email for him and a life for me.
I recieved nothing. Yes he doesn’t owe me, but I don’t have to like what he did.

Iam not asking you to do anything, iam asking that guy to send a mail, not gucci with you? You can’t do anything about it

2 Likes

Is that aimed at me?

Those of us who donated to the Baylor study have a right to know the very basics of what they are doing and when we can expect to see the study released.

1 Like

Guys just be cool…I can assure you the email came directly from khera…I ask the mods to not close this threads we owe the people who participated in this and who gave their lives…Plus their money, time and the foundations time and money…

So let’s give it a little more time and like was said it could be as soon as the next pub comes from the journal…The study has been closed for awhile now.

2 Likes

Sure, so it would make sense for you to follow up politely, tell her you participated in the study a long time ago, and you would appreciate it if she could share any information about the study with you.

It’s inappropriate for random forum members to be pestering these people.

1 Like

This is incredibly positive news that appears to have been overlooked by the “couple of weeks” imbroglio. We’ve known for a while that the study itself was finished

Additionally, our clinical study at Baylor College of Medicine has been completed. As soon as it’s published, we’ll announce the results.

What we didn’t know, however, was what was happening with the peer review process and if it was having problems finding a publisher. That Dr Khera has stated it’s been accepted for publication is worthy of cheer.

Posts like these

are honestly why threads with “Baylor” in the title keep being closed. The usual accusations and counterproductive bickering is firing up so this thread is closed too. Once the study is in the public domain, I’m sure there’ll be plenty to discuss. When the study is out is anyone’s guess but given the project lead’s words were “I expect the EPUB version to be out in the next couple weeks” (my emphasis) let’s hope it’s not much longer.

5 Likes