Baylor study delayed again

Yeah I figured people want to sell out instead of be hero’s and address the truth I guess money is the root of all evil

2 Likes

Power is, so money in this time and age too

Do you know what’s crazy that people on this forum are “waiting” for a study to come back and tell them what’s wrong in the hopes that they will find a cure after all those years. Why don’t you all stay proactive making YouTube videos highlighting what the pill has done to your lives, contact news and radio stations, newspapers or anyone in the public eye that’s actually willing to listen to your story. If nobody knows about the condition and what it’s done then how the fuck do you expect any change? The only guy that did anything significant was Paul who went onto this morning show in the UK highlighting what it did. I wish to God that you guys who have this condition were on the hair loss forums spreading awareness warning people as I probably would never have touched it. This is a fight remember that not hiding away in your room waiting on a cure. If you can do anything save other people from this drug!

5 Likes

Mind if I ask what you’re doing?

1 Like

I have written a fair number of posts on Reddit’s hairloss forum trying to warn people. I know others have too.

As unpleasant of an experience as it is, I doubt I have changed a single person’s mind. People like to delude themselves and hide from the truth, as well as be lied to. As you know, we are perceived as hypochondriac lunatics. People believe in authority, and “science” tells them finasteride is a safe drug. So does Wikipedia. So do regulators. So do the companies that sell the drugs.

It is true however that most people who get PFS try to fix themselves and don’t want to be bothered doing anything for the community. Otherwise, the Foundation would have millions. Otherwise, people wouldn’t be forgetting all about the community once they are recovered (and even if they aren’t).

Humans are selfish; even those who suffer.

3 Likes

It’s especially sad that you see people spending lots of money trying the exact same things over and over again that have failed everyone that came before. For 10 years people keeping spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on CDNuts protocol/herb cycling, usually thinking they’ve made some new discovery, when if they would just search a little they would see how ineffective and even dangerous it has been for everyone before.

Until people stop putting money toward useless crap and start putting it toward research, we’re all dead. We are on our own. This is on us. Maybe everyone is too used to parents, the government, whoever else taking care of them to recognize the necessity of our taking responsibility for our own fate here. The fact that we have had no real progress in the last 10 years is a direct reflection of our failure to step up and fund the research we need in order to have any hope of treatment.

4 Likes

No, this is on the ones who are not donating.

I wonder if it would be a good idea for the forum to include amount donated in our profiles, akin to a karma, reputation, value to community system common in other forums. Maybe we could both have reputation scores and amount donated scores. Just a thought. If everyone thinks they might as well save themselves some money and not donate because other people are donating, but the actual number of people donating is much lower than they assume, then the foundation will receive low donations for no reason other than an illusion. Maybe it’s best that people be able to see how much everyone is actually donating.

1 Like

Not a very good idea. Some people are able to work, some aren’t. Some get paid more, some do not, etc.

It’s not appropriate to stigmatise those who are already suffering the worst of this further.

A better start would be for everyone to make sure they’ve taken the survey. We intend on putting badges on the accounts of those who have taken part in community projects like these.

5 Likes

Not amount donated, that would be over the top. But anybody who donates at least 5 dollars/month gets a badge or something visible besides his user name (similar to moderator badge).

Give me a break. Its not about stigmatising anybody who is unable to donate. Its about rewarding those who are able to donate and do (most of the people who are not donating anything are able to but wont).

If this is already too much to ask for, we arent trying hard enough.

Make those visible similar to moderator badge for full effect.

1 Like

I can donate a lot, but I won’t, not until I see what’s happened with Baylor. If you were going to buy a house, would you pay for a hole in the ground in the middle of nowhere which has next to no hope of being built one day? I’d rather sleep on the street, at least you don’t pay for that.

5 Likes

I’m tired of waiting for the Baylor Study and I will not pay a cent for the foundation until these tests come out. It’s scary to think when the second, genetic part of the research comes out.

2 Likes

Same here. Not gonna donate if i don’t see effective study is planned.

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what’s going on now I know for sure it was finasteride that has did that damage as of a few days ago before I got a dozen tests run yet here I am on this page trying to gather up support to take on Merck but you people want to sit in here moaning about your lives in the hopes a cure will magically appear. Writing a few comments on reddit isn’t going to change the probability of users deciding to not use finasteride it’s hairlossforums and YouTube videos this is exactly the places I was going to seek advice and terrible advice it was. I have a strong believe that Merck has drug pushers on these social media platforms discounting any of the victims that’s why we need volume. I was even banned from hairlossforum when I told my story which is batshit crazy!

1 Like

Merck has paid them off not to publish its findings that’s the truth.

You tell them your story, not just that it’s unsafe but your own individual stories the fact that I took 1 pill should scare any young man from ever putting it in their mouths- honestly it’s almost like people want them to try it so they can join the club here. I was asking for solid advice on the hairlossforum then I would hear people say it gave them sides to be overloaded with people shouting placebo and all sorts of shit they would be singled out 10/1 to make it look like finasteride was safe. Had there been users from this forum on them and bet my life on it that you’d save hundreds if not thousands from taking them.

Wow, you know a lot considering the fact you just registered here.

1 Like

The answer lies somewhere else:
The leaflet should make things clear:
" Will interfere with your neurosteroids, will make you depressed from sunrise to sunset".
" Rather than suicide ideation" > you will basically see yourself hanging from your door knob or seeing yourself falling off bridges.
" Rather than ED" > will make you hypogonadal. The word Hypogonadism should deter anyone from taking it. Trust me.

Going to a hairloss forum when looking for info on fin is like going to a squat full of heroin users to get info on hard drug using… That is the conclusion I drew.

3 Likes

It going to be research, research and more research, our grandson will be seating in our grave and probably they will never know what caused PFS…
For now in the main time it going to be donations, donations and more donation, humans being are greedy, it never going to stop.
Cure is not going to be on the table
There are going to be more chance that by accident some of us try something that reverse PFS that a research come with the solution., It just my modes opinion.

When I went to see Khera after a few consultation with him I realized how is going to be this game, this guy doesn’t have sympathy for any of us, we are a number with the $ symbol.
Many don’t believe me, but mark my words.

2 Likes

The amount of thanklessness, rationalization of selfishness, and general attitude that the world owes you something here is depressing.

1 Like