Baylor study delayed again

Yes, I don’t think the results are skewed per se. But u can’t deny the fact here that the captain of the ship, is a Merck influenced doctor. That’s just stupid. He has literally been mentioned for this trait in earlier studies. So there is a good possibility that this guy has no intentions to release this study in a good time span. Why would he. This is a research going against one of his main sponsors. Who knows what he and Merck have talked about regarding this study. This stuff, definitly happens. Merck has an entire team for managing things like this. They cover it up, like they did with other scandals in the past. Do u guys really think, this doc is not being influenced by Merck right now? Why wouldn’t he? This is a buddy doc of them, and he is the head of this research that can maybe break their medicine. This is perfect for Merck. They can prolong the shit out of this study, and make more sales. U could call this conspiracy all u want, but to me, at this point, it’s common sense.

4 Likes

No matter what or when the Baylor study publishes, we need to lay the groundwork to initiate more research going forward. Our survey is a significant step in this direction as it will be the first full scope presentation of this condition with pretty much all symptoms described in this forum as well as novel factors as the rapid crash that many of us experience. It will hopefully broaden the understanding of our condition beyond “Bald guys that got depressed and don’t like sex anymore” and together with other projects spark more interest in our condition.

@adrian @AaronF @ll_amp_Prosper @Frustrated : Please participate!

Thank you

9 Likes

I second what @Northern_Star said. If you haven’t done the survey, please do. It really won’t take much of your time but it’s clearly so important.

3 Likes

Doctors do know this. My parents both are and I talked to them about this and they are far from shocked. They told me manipulating statistics is one of the biggest hobbies in the research field when they want to conclude a certain outcome. Or prolonging studies for that matter. They both in their career also got offered money by such companies. Also within the medical community it really is known that influenced researches happen a lot. This isn’t conspiracy honoustly.

2 Likes

Oh come on my friend. Sure stuff like that haapens sometimes.
But main sponsor and best buddy? Cause of a side job once worth 30k. This guy probably has a main salery around 200k.
Further isn’t this breaking anything or harm Merck’s sales.
Fin is out of patent, they don’t make real money with it anymore.

3 Likes

Good points. Still I am not
convinced merck doesn’t have a say in this. But I hope you are right.

1 Like

Merck was saved billions of losses due to the failed class action law suit due to “lack of evidence” for PFS.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Very good point, that’s true. But would significance in Baylor study change much on that?
I don’t know, there’s already reasearch showing significance and some are not.

Hello @Adrian,

Please fill out our survey, it’s a research project you can contribute to right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

just started

2 Likes

Good man, if you can’t get it all done in one sitting, remember it’ll save your progress. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why don’t you think the pfs treatment will give the merc company extra bonuses?

How?

Millions of people take finasteride.

Those who might get sick will have the medicine.

This is a win-win situation for everyone.

1 Like

Not really. Because if there is something as a treatment, that would mean the med causes this shit in the first place. That means, putting a Blackbox warning on all sold finasteride (maybe it even gets off the market). Losing lawsuits. And other hassle. That’s something they don’t want to do definitely. Sure a treatment wouldn’t be bad I guess. But more the way to it is the problem. Looking for a treatment means there is a problem in the first place, PFS. And they don’t want to admit that.

It’s possible. But there are a lot of drugs that cause side effects.

Any pill can have side effects.

This does not mean that everything needs to be removed from the market.

Maybe I don’t understand something.
When will the first part of the research be published? Who knows?

I am very much waiting.

But this isn’t just some side effect. Permanent sexual dysfunction and depression. No one would want to touch ur shitty med bro. Even if there would be some treatment that may manage it.

Exactly.

Its no secret that most studies are massively influenced by big pharma.

3 Likes

I agree with you.
I’ll say the last thing.
If you know in advance how to find out the predisposition to such side effects.

You have a choice.

I do tests and my doctor tells me you may have pfs.

Or he says that everything will be fine.

Because the mechanism and treatment is already known.

So I just believe in the best.

I have pfs.

HI, just a clarification, if as someone said, the baylor study is being revised, it means that it has already been submitted to at least one journal, this means that the results have already been communicated (because they must be contained in the manuscript). So, no one can exclude that the results have been manipulated, because this is a risk that may exist, but it should have been done before the delivery of the manuscript, so at this moment, what is done is done, things can no longer be done change for good or for bad, the study is over.
Obviously i am not implying that someone has altered the results of this study, in this case. I only say that unfortunately it is a risk that in general can exist.

All that needs to happen is for us to get serious and put together the money for a decent study. The only reason there hasn’t been any progress is that there’s hardly been any research, and the reason there hasn’t been any research is not enough money. Sitting and waiting for someone else to give money to help a bunch of middle age balding guys who screwed themselves up taking drugs to look younger will never work.

1 Like