Baylor study delayed again

Of course it’s just a thought. I have no idea if the 23andme genetic test can be used for such tests

If you want to help, get people from Facebook ssri and acutane groups to sign up and fill our survey.

That’s the focus.

1 Like

Maybe people could also think of other ways of unifying the groups of propecia, ssri, and Accutane sufferers. Basically to do the inverse of divide and conquer. Maybe if the first step in conquering people is to divide them, then the first step in not being conquered is to be unified. Also to diversify our demographic. For example, then reporters interested in problems affecting women might give us an ear. Same for groups interested in children’s issues, etc. we can help those groups with our greater relative progress, much as it may not be great absolutely. Have people thought of changing the name of the web site? I know the admins are too busy to focus on that themselves. Maybe that’s something we have the ability to do ourselves. Anyway, the main thing is for everyone to stop waiting for someone else to do something.

1 Like

Those are two different things. Doing one of them is not incompatible with doing the other. Having enough people to take part in the next studies when they are needed is something that is extremely important.

in order to focus on the next study, we need to first get funding.

in order to first get funding, we need to approach it through the survey data.

your decision how to concentrate your energy

Sorry what have to do the survey with fundings?

1 Like

In order to receive grants and other forms of funding, an investigator needs to show committees etc responsible for allocating funding, that there is a NEED to address. Without any proof of NEED no funding will be available.

Basically, to get funding, a scientific investigator needs to show that what they want to investigate addresses a proven problem, and then they need to provide confidence that they have both have the abilities and an approach that meet a certain bar of probability of success.

1 Like

So you think an anonimous survey made on an internet forum without any official or medical institution will be enough for those comittees? I do really doubt it.
But, it can help for our better understanding of the sides and process.

2 Likes

By the way, i say that because every time i mention “internet” or “forum” to a doctor…they inmediatelly see me like “another guy that has been suggested from an internet…how they can believe on those information?”…etc.

3 Likes

Patient surveys are used widely in medical science.

With only 117 participants (finasteride) it will be difficult to make a convincing case. In a perverse sense it will reaffirm the opinion held by most that its all psychosomatic. After all: If hundreds of thousands are consuming this medication but you can only get 117 to fill out this survey, it cant be that bad.

We need 1000 PFS patients to fill out this survey.

8 Likes

when we are able to scare all finasteride users that they stop the medication we will have more than 10000 pfs people

3 Likes

In 2 days it will be 24 weeks.

And it will probably only be part 1. Sickening.

1 Like

Just think if Merck catches wind of this study they’ll use every weapon at their disposal to get rid of it and just remember people American corporations are protected under national interests. We’ll never see this study, millions of dollars in bribes exchange hands in the pharma every day releasing sth like this is detrimental to share price.

4 Likes

The same company released a statin named Vioxx that killed more Americans than Vietnam even when they knew it was causing damage. These people are in Washingtons back pockets they don’t give f about a few thousand finasteride users!

5 Likes

Mate, the Italian study has hinted some great stuff…
Final part comes in October.

5 Likes

Please elaborate if you can.

hints? like which ones?

i thought it was well known that the italian study isnt really useful

Let’s agree to disagree.
He mentioned the microbiome as a possible role and it might be interesting finding.

3 Likes

I emailed Philip from the foundation and he confirmed to me that the study will be published in two parts. The second part will be published 3-12 months after the first part. He also said he will have an update on part 1 by early September.

4 Likes