Baylor study delayed again

I agree with you.
I’ll say the last thing.
If you know in advance how to find out the predisposition to such side effects.

You have a choice.

I do tests and my doctor tells me you may have pfs.

Or he says that everything will be fine.

Because the mechanism and treatment is already known.

So I just believe in the best.

I have pfs.

HI, just a clarification, if as someone said, the baylor study is being revised, it means that it has already been submitted to at least one journal, this means that the results have already been communicated (because they must be contained in the manuscript). So, no one can exclude that the results have been manipulated, because this is a risk that may exist, but it should have been done before the delivery of the manuscript, so at this moment, what is done is done, things can no longer be done change for good or for bad, the study is over.
Obviously i am not implying that someone has altered the results of this study, in this case. I only say that unfortunately it is a risk that in general can exist.

All that needs to happen is for us to get serious and put together the money for a decent study. The only reason there hasn’t been any progress is that there’s hardly been any research, and the reason there hasn’t been any research is not enough money. Sitting and waiting for someone else to give money to help a bunch of middle age balding guys who screwed themselves up taking drugs to look younger will never work.

1 Like

Who exactly said this?

With „revised“ he means „peer reviewed“. The rest of his post gives it away.

If we don’t trust the results, we can run the tests ourselves as I was close to doing in 2015. Price quote for a personal Androgen Receptor Silencing assay

However, I trust the results and the process. I think we all will get enlightening info very soon and all this conspiracy talk will thankfully disappear. Then we can focus on putting our funds toward more research and more pinpointed treatments. The dark side of this all is that a few of us are probably going to try be martyrs trying radical interventions in far corners of the earth. They will be both exciting and frightening times.

1 Like

Why has the study taken 6 years?

Would a researcher be able to tell from the published paper how long the study should have taken to complete?
Maybe melcangi could answer this if anyone here is in contact with him.

How long does a study of this size take to complete? Anything comparable?

Instead of dealing in theories we just ask an expert.

3 Likes

6 years and counting since its split into two parts and only part 1 will be released.

1 Like

It’s impossible to say why the study had last so long, no one (except the ones involved in the study) may know it. At the moment, if it is true that the study is being revised (process of peer-revision) it means that the study is completed, written and have been submitted. It’s senseless complaining the authors for the eventual delays in the publication, because it doesn’t depend on them. Keep also in mind that when you have complex studies that may raise controversies, it’s normal that the peer revision process may take more time than the average.

3 Likes

Why is the study divided into two parts?

1 Like

In my opinion, dividing the study into two parts would be one way to postpone the second half even more, while ostensibly demonstrating some progress. The first half, presumably based not on genetic data but on general tests of PFS patients, is unlikely to show anything more than the Harvard study, i.e nothing - in my opinion. I hope I will be proven wrong.

9 Likes

Let’s stay positive. Maybe it’s good signal that peer-review takes that long. Could be shorter when there are no findings??

1 Like

Please fill out the survey.

3 Likes

I’m gonna do it.

Now I’m on vacation and I don’t even have a computer, just a phone.

Tomorrow I’m going home and I’ll start filling it up from Monday.

6 Likes

My native language is Russian.
I have an idea to gather Russian-speaking users here on the forum.

Everyone who has pfs.

Let them also fill out a questionnaire.

5 Likes

Remember that we have a Non-English section of the forum so you may like to make some posts there to welcome Russian Speakers.

4 Likes

Is it possible that Baylor won’t be released?

3 Likes

Hey, I think it would be a good idea to create a section for russian speaking users. I am russian as well. I’ve been also spreading a word about ‘propeciahelp’ on a russian forum about acne, where people taking isotretinoin.

6 Likes

On September 14th 2019, Dr. Khera made a 20 minute presentation entitled “The Reality of Post Finasteride Syndrome”.

There is no YouTube video of it yet. If anyone can find any information about this, please post.

12 Likes

Sibelio you are really good at finding information quickly as soon as it happens, man! I’ll email Dr. Khera and ask if he has PowerPoint slides or anything. He’s answered emails from me in the past regarding Baylor. He basically said he doesn’t know when it’d be published in case your curious.

7 Likes