Back on finastride for deep sleep

It has been almost four months since I quite finastride anxiety and depression improve significantly but i dream too much when i was taking finastride i was sleeping deeply but after discontinue i only dream

If you start taking Fin again you might end up from dreaming too much to not being able to sleep at all, plus the other extras you might get, I won’t mention them now as you should be aware of them I suppose…

Why would you go back on the drug? Do you already have full blown side effects? That does not seem like a good idea

If you want to try fin again for deep sleep, you’ll be in for a rude awakening. Unless you have a death wish, it’s like the worst thing you can do for your sleep. You may permanently destroy your sleep among other unfathomably nightmarish things to happen. You’ll improve greatly over time on your own, just be patient. Try to eat foods with higher butyrate content as it improves SWS https://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-resistant-starch.

You should be meditating daily. I myself am trying to meditate for more than an hour a day. Slowly increasing it to two hours. Here’s where I get hypocritical, or maybe for the whole post, but try to get more sun light, exercise regularly, and socialize.

1 Like

Please don’t ever take it again, or anything like it. If you’re improving significantly just ride it out I reckon, see how long it takes to just get better.

1 Like

I took fin on and off for 20 yrs without recognising it was the cause of all of my symptoms which were gradual as in one by one over time. If I realised what it was I would have stopped immediately ending up with one or two sides. As a consequence I now have everything which has destroyed me. So please don’t take fin ever again. Listen to the advice from the guys “time”

3 Likes

Have you not read any posts on this forum? Sleep usually comes back for most people after like 9 months.

You can’t tough it out?

Maybe there needs to a timeline page on this website for things you can expect to happen up to a year after quitting.

2 Likes

Great suggestion

Cannot try gabapentin ssri snri then what should I do to ease my sleep

I vape CBD before sleeping, it works pretty good and hasn’t any effects on my PSSD. A warm bath also seems to help me.

I’ve been wanting to try CBD for a long time. Have you noticed other benefits besides being a sleeping aid?

1 Like

I’m also feeling more chill and calm on CBD :slight_smile:

I’ve been considering trying it too

Do people not learn by their first bad experience?

1 Like

CBD oil caused a crash after an initial uplift, all of us react differently though good luck

My sleep has been shit since I stopped the drug in 2014. I also resumed taking finasteride for another year in 2017 and can say it does not help restore sleep quality

3 Likes

Melatonin and guided meditation have helped me get better sleep. A guy called Michael Sealy has a YouTube channel, there is a video (audio track) titled “Detachment from Overthinking (OCD, Anxiety, Depression)” or something like that, which is my go to. I highly recommend it to anyone. It might not work for you, but if you haven’t tried, it can do no harm to give it a shot. The first time I listened was a revelation because he basically breaks down the psychology of the thought patterns that were keeping me awake.

Something I found effective early on was to repeat what he was saying in my mind, so that my mind couldn’t wander away from what he was saying.