B12 deficiency even with supplementation

Fin has badly destroyed my gut. My stools are not even proper. Any tips for improving digestion?

It’s also like my body no matter what can’t sustain b12 levels either no matter what I eat, I have to supplement at least 2000 mcg of methyl-b12 and I don’t want to go higher than because I’m not sure if in the long run that’ll make everything worse but 2000 mcg appears to be my sweet spot. I think it’s that my digestive system can’t properly seperate nutrients from food efficiently because I can’t even gain much weight no matter what I eat, I just get more full and backed up if I eat more with less energy.

I’ve tried several supplementation routes. Including subcutaneous injections of B12 hydroxocobalamin, and transdermal spray B12 methylcobalamin, and tablet form.

Strangely, the B12 injection doesn’t have any notable effects. However the transdermal spray works great - notable improvements to energy levels. Tablet has no effects.

My levels are in the upper range on blood serum tests.

1 Like

I defecate very often and I cannot gain weight even if I eat a lot. I use b12 sublingual tablets but they have no effect. Is the spray form better? How is your body temperature? My hands and feet are always cold. I feel like I’m freezing in cold weather.

I use the sublingual tablets myself and they’re effective for me almost immediately. I never tried any other form. My body temperature tends to be on the warmer side these days. I never had issues with cold hands or feet.

1 Like

What do you recommend for muscle weakness and low body temperature?