Autonomic Symptoms

greetings, is anyone here experiencing any of the following autonomic related symptom:

-rapid increase and slowing and again increasing heart rate?

Twice in the past 6 weeks, I had an episode once were I went to pick up something from the ground and while stretching in which my heart rate seemed to be confused between panic and rest. It would speed up, slow down, speed up again and beat funny. I went to the hospital and they told me everything was fine but something felt strange from an electrical standpoint. I didn’t feel faint or dizzy. It felt like my sympathetic and parasympathetic systems were in a tug of war while I felt no emotion other then is this the day I’m going to die. Days like this make me look at my children and realize I may not have more time with them. It’s just sad and disheartening.

1 Like

This is something that some people have experience of.

It’s really alarming. At crash, something similar happened to me, I would wake with my heart pounding in my chest for no reason. I don’t think it’s uncommon.

For me, it passed with time.

I know one of our admins had problems with this and had his heart rate monitored, but I don’t think anything came of it.

With regard to the end of your post, I don’t think this is something that you should feel too fatalistic about, it’s not good news, and it is very worrying, and you absolutely should make sure your doctor is kept up to date with this and any other symptoms, but I don’t think there’s reason to think this is necessarily the end of you.

Keep monitoring the situation and maybe keep a diary so you can see if anything is changing. Think about what a doctor might ask - are you stressed, tired, exercising, etc, etc and record that. That way, hopefully you will have a better picture of what’s going on. I think our admin got a heart rate monitor so he could record data easily.

In short, keep an eye on it and make it easy to see and explain what’s going on if you need to, but try to not worry - the hospital couldn’t see anything to act upon and in my experience at least, it can resolve.

1 Like

Appreciate the response. I have had the pounding sensation in the past but the erratic heart rhythm is strange to feel. Going fast, slow, fluttering, etc was just odd. It went on out of rhythm for 30 mins then when I stepped outside, it suddenly stopped beating irregular and returned to normal. The stretching and low to high from picking something off the ground tells me it is something autonomic in nature.
While on propecia, I had moments when my heart would start racing for no reason then would go back to normal. I also had the light headed feeling and heart pounding in the ears back in 2015. This drug does work on the body…

It sure does.

I have developed POTS, shallow breathing, slow digestion, haven’t checked BP but feels low and obv sexual issues could be related or not.

I originally had insanely fast heart rate, POTS…and then it developed into bradycardia where I feel like I react to nothing and my heart rate doesn’t vary much. I believe other people have reported this as well. Is this correct?

@Bigpoppa10040 Hi, how is your bradycardia now? I have 45-50 bpm while resting (i used to have higher bpm)