Australian patients willing to speak publicly

Hello,

I am in touch with a producer from a major nightly news/current affairs program here in Australia (don’t worry, it isn’t A Current Affair or Today Tonight) who is interested in covering PFS. For the story to be compelling, however, we need a few local case studies who are willing to appear and be interviewed.

UPDATE - THERE IS ALSO A MAJOR ONLINE/PRINT PUBLICATION INTERESTED IN COVERING PFS

This is a huge strategic opportunity to build on our recent awareness campaign and study announcement and bring more attention to the issue. We have patients speaking on YouTube, but to have our story featured on such large media outlets would reach far outside our community and potentially have enormous benefit.

If you are based in Australia and would like to learn more, please contact me privately. No special skills or ideas required, just your courage.

Best,
Mitch

10 Likes

Great progress. I wish I were in Australia

3 Likes

Your work is greatly appreciated Mitch!

6 Likes

Bump.

I’ve been in touch with three different journalists this week, all excellent, and all interested in our story. This is a huge opportunity, so if you are able to speak publicly, please reach out. These kind of of opportunities don’t come around often.

1 Like

Bumping this again.

If there are any Australian patients who are able to tell their story, your efforts would be hugely appreciated.

1 Like

MItch have u not had any volunteers? This is insane come on guys do your bit, step up!!! Complaining about lack of progress from people on here just doesn’t cut it when u won’t do anything to help the cause. .

1 Like

It’s very strange, isn’t it?

1 Like

For the record I do understand why patients are unable or reluctant to speak publicly. But I hope we can find some Aussies to participate!

1 Like

My comment was born out of frustration.

2 Likes

These opportunities don’t come along very often and when they do we need to make the most of them. This disease is nothing to be ashamed of it really isn’t. Speaking up could potentially save another person’s life. I expect you could remain anonymous. Fear is a pfs symptom that must be fought.

3 Likes

I’m not sure my symptoms would warrant a story, as I’ve managed to find a positive way through the mental side. Physical strength and injury seem to still be problematic. For what it’s worth, psilocybin… that’s all i’ll say.

Weekly bump for volunteers.

Still talking to the same journalists, so if you are willing to speak publicly with Australian media about your story, please reach out.

Please consider helping us capitalise on a massive opportunity to advance PFS awareness & understanding.

2 Likes