ASMR shivers

I have noticed that since I quit finasteride that my ASMR tingling had completely vanished. ASMR stands for “Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response” and is a pleasurable tingling sensation in the brain, also called “braingasm”, a kind of orgasm in the brain. This sensation is triggered in some situations mostly when we heard some sounds like water flowing, for instance. I would like to know if this happening with more people who stopped taking propecia/finasteride since I am not sure this is the cause.

Thanks

I know what you’re talking about. Tingling almost almost orgasmic feeling like when someone is giving you a haircut or hair rub at the barbershop. Deeply relaxing and pleasurable. Like a little whisper or gentle tapping. When my brain fog is lifted I can feel the sensations again. Music sounds good. Conversation feels good, etc.

Same here. It reduced a lot but is still sort of there.

When I ejaculate I get brain fog afterwards for about a week. The ASMR disappears in that time. When the brain fog lifts, it comes back.

Comes and goes for me. I use ASMR to help me fall asleep. I think you develop an immunity over time so if the tingles ever fade, I just stop for a month and they come back.

This. Like anything, it’s best in moderation. The brain can definitely be desensitized to these sorts of things. Although not particularly helpful for PFS, I do find ASMR helpful in overall well-being.