Are any of the ingredients in my scalp-cream dangerous?

It’s “Weleda Skin Food”. The ingredients are as follows:
-Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil
-Lanolin
-Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil
-Beeswax (cera alba)
-Alcohol
-Polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate
-Glycerin
-Limonene*
-Viola tricolor extract
-Hydrolyzed beeswax
-Sorbitan olivate
-Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract
-Chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract
-Calendula officinalis flower extract
-Arginine
-Zinc sulfate
-Fragrance (parfum)*
-Linalool*
-Geraniol*
-Citral*
-Coumarin*
*Means it’s “from natural essential oils”.

The main ingredient that stands out to me personally is the zinc sulfate but it’s low on the list. I think i’ve heard some shit about sunflower oil but idk.

I also have a Zero Shine product thats ingredients are “organic brown rice, vitamin e oil, sandalwood oil, jojoba oil, and demineralized water” which all checks out to me.

1 Like

What is this for? Just a moisturizer?

Yes, though the Zero Shine also doubles as a moisturizer.

The rosemary and chamomile extracts potentially

Both inhibited 5ar

Do you have any sources?

I have a pdf file I can’t find with all the plant extracts having 5ar inhibition properties. Most of these herbs are dangerous for us

Besides that just google it and you’ll find papers, especially on the rosemary

1 Like

Yeah, google did turn up some stuff on those ingredients. Thanks for pointing them out to me.

1 Like

for future references on plants and herbs

download that file thats hyperlinked.

you will have to find the scientific name of the plant to look it up in the database.

from my experience, the database is pretty comprehensive but ive found 1 or 2 plants that are missing in that file and yet has been recorded on propeciahelp to make people worse (licorice root i think is one of them).

always do a research combination using the forums, that file, and boolean searches on google (google scholar especially) and other platforms.

ive personally crashed from castor oil

PS - if this scalp cream is for hair loss, i highly recommend looking up “hair massage by rob white”

that actually works for me to keep my hair and even grow it. its pretty regimented and time consuming, but it works for most people. you just have to be consistent and patient

Thanks for the database.

It’s not for hair loss, I’ve given up on having hair, it’s just a moisturizer.

This is an awful lot of plants. I don’t know if it’s realistic to avoid all them.

1 Like

i personally find it impossible to avoid them all but i definitely avoid any concentrated supplements like extracts

What about “oils”, do you think those are dangerous?

essential oils? yeah they are extracted from the plants in the database

i crashed pretty bad from castor oil