Are anti-histamines safe

hi everyone

sorry for starting another thread, im just worried. I have been itching all over my body, face, nostrils, forehead, shoulders, stomach, legs, fingers, uncontrolabbly for the last couple of months. I finally decided to send my doc a message about it and he told me to take a medication called (belodin) its an anti-histamine I found. If I dont get better to come back to him

Is this safe to take , especially in my instance of what seems like pfs?

All you need to do is search to see if it has an anti androgenic effect. That will be the answer.

If you are having an allergic reaction, a benadryl pill does a great job in stopping it–your itch will go away. It may also make you want to sleep, so take it in the evening!

Benadryl is safe to take for allergies–it has been around for like 70 years and many other drugs were chemically taken from benadryl.

Some research says that taking antihistamines daily for years can cause cognitive impairment. But you are sounding as if you are scared to take one pill that will help you.

Some other research says that taking zyrtec can help improve erections.

1 Like

i dont believe my itching is due to an allergic reaction. I have had it for the last several months. I believe it has something to do with the liver/kidneys.

Or it could be psychological. It was for my firend.

Best way to find out is to take the pill, and also get comprehensive blood tests from your primary care doctor–s/he can easily test your liver and kidneys with a simple blood draw that only takes a couple days to get results. Easy.

Taking one antihistamine pill to see what it does is safe, as long as you are not driving, operating machinery, watching children, or drinking alcohol. Taking it at night a couple hours before bed is best.

1 Like

I found that on google? I am wondering how itching could be psychological?
Also what test for liver and kidneys can figure that out?

I have had high alt/ggt, billirubin, creatinine on my tests.

If all those are high then yeah, go to an internal medicine doctor and get a whole set of blood tests for your kidneys, liver, etc. Are you taking any medications or drugs or alcohol? All of them affect the liver.

such a doctor does not exist in Croatia…no medications/drugs/alocohol

Many many people have test results that are a little high or a little low, but it called “NCS” by doctors.
That means: Not Clinically Significant. So you can rest a bit and not worry as much.

What I would do if I were you is get all the same tests done again including a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, and Kidney Function Tests, and Liver Function Tests----the whole enchilada!

new bloods just in:

ast 25 (11-38) NORMAL
alt 22 (12-48) NORMAL
ggt 32 (11-55) NORMAL

Cholesterol 266 HIGH
tryglcerides 30.93 (<65.7)
hdl 61.8
ldl 189.5 HIGH

Those blood tests are superb. Millions of people would want to have those numbers. Looks like you are fine to me.

why do I have pfs symptoms, If I did not take the drug?

You cannot have PFS symptoms if you never took finasteride!

You and any man can have erectile dysfunction, lowered libido, etc. from many other causes.

but my hormones are all normal? just like people in pfs? numbness, low semen volume force, anorgasmia, low body odor…pretty much feels like androgen resistance…

so obviously PFS is not what you think it is… Maybe it does something else (liver, bile flow/gallbladder/gut)!!!

@joey10 How did you feel when you took the antihistamine? Please let us know!

BTW, I remember one website saying that Zyrtec/cetirizine is especially helpful