Anyone used Pregabalin here?

I have chronic tension headaches / pain as well as some of the other bollocks we suffer with in here.
Has anyone else used it before ?

I know if a medicine works, people will prob just carry on with their lives and not post about it here .

But Iā€™m curious as on paper it seems to help some of the GABA issues , but Iā€™m reading some also some weird side effects from it tooā€¦

Iā€™ve used Pregabalin here and there over the past 2 years or so (sometimes once a week, sometimes once in 2-3 weeks, just depends on the month). While Iā€™m on it, it tends to improve my mood, my sleep, my appetite, and sexually a little bit (orgasm usually feels better on it, but sensitivity and ED sometimes get a bit worse while on). I primarily take it for the mental benefits it offers.

Iā€™ve heard some people have had a negative experience with it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know ā€¦Iā€™m in a real funk at the mo at I could do with something to help perhaps even if it was for short term 2-3 months ? I think Iā€™m scared of seeing more people left with permanent neurological damage ā€¦I watched a video on a girl in Australia who claimed it did this to her .

Once is enough for me - I donā€™t fancy going through this crap again !

The things you list here are the things I need most help with currently - sleep , anxiety , mood ā€¦so Iā€™m tempted to just give it a go .

Did you notice any immediate side affects when you took it ?

I have taken gabapentin many years ago for a while which is similar and I never had any problems on that ā€¦

Bumping this thread to hear from anyone else who has used Pregabalin.

I used it back in January for a while ā€¦maybe two weeks. Didnā€™t do too much for me ā€¦I had a period of insomnia relapse back then and it didnā€™t really do much for that but one thing it did do was take the edge off the following day after a rough night ā€¦ maybe I didnā€™t give it enough time :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Bumping this thread again to hear from anyone else who has used Pregabalin.Can it improve complacency and cognition

I canā€™t imagine it doing too much for complacency and cognitionā€¦ā€¦itā€™s more for pain relief, anxiety/mood, sleep/ relaxation etc Iā€™m no expert on it though. I used it briefly and it didnā€™t do much. This year they made such a big thing on the news in the Uk about the dangers of addiction to Pregabalin and Gabapentin, comparing it to the same addictive potential as Benzodiazepines. I think thatā€™s total bollocks (as someone who has taken pregabalin, gabapentin and benzodiazepines ).
Whenever I had a benzodiazepine, something would definitely hit me hard at around 15 -20 minute mark and felt good.
With Gabapentin and pregabalin the whole time I took them I was thinking ā€¦.ā€is it doing anything yet? ā€œ
I wanted pregabalin to work but the whole time it felt like I was taking a sugar pill, that ironically the UK media was trying to warn me was actually really addictive and risky :man_facepalming:
It has worked for others though, maybe give it a try? I imagine itā€™s one of those meds that does some things for certain people and nothing for others.
Do you have anxiety or sleep issues currently ?

1 Like

thankyouļ¼ŒAnxiety and sleep are under control. Thank you for your feedbackļ¼Œmy dearšŸ˜˜