Anyone taken alprazolam (xanax)? Please help!

Ive been a lurker on this forum for about 1 year. Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Iam currently suffering from major depression (zombie- no energy what so ever) and panic attacks.

Iam 27 years old currently on st johns wort which is not helping much. Ive tried 5-htp which made me worse. ssri also made me worse. My testosterone levels are ok and so is my libido. Its just energy and motivation to do anything i am lacking

I was thinking of trying alprazolam to increase gabba.

Could you guys please give your experience and opinions oh this drug?

reagrds kevin

I tried it, but I don’t really like the effect this drug has on me. The next day, it makes me feel disconnected from reality. I only took it 2 or 3 times, so I can’t tell if it really does increase gaba.

If you have insomnia it helps but only while you taking it.

Scroll down and look for Patrick Warren’s comment. He took the stuff for over a month and once he stopped issues returned. http://finasteridesyndrome.blogspot.com/p/how-to-treat.html

Sorry to hear of your woes.

If you do a search for Remeron… it seems to have universally helped people with exactly what you are describing. One person even stated it ‘all but cured’ them, but they were concerned about associated weight gain.

I’ve heard that if you take it right before bed it does wonders for insomnia, and you will sleep through the food cravings. Also great for anxiety.

Best of luck!

Hi,
I suffer from bouts of depression too. Is your depression at a constant intensity or does it come and go? (constant is easier to treat) I myself am on mirtizapine (remeron) but found it ineffective when a wave of depression hits me. Rather like trying to stop a tsunami with a straw wall. I only use it in low dose before bed to help with sleep these days. I know others have had more success with it.

If you have not tried I would strongly suggest exercising. It is the one thing that can take me out of a hellishly low mood and put me in better humour. It can be extremely tough to find the motivation to do it initially but you must give daily exercise a go. General healthy living (good diet/no intoxicants etc) is obviosuly strongly advised. Try this for a couple of months and see if you make any progress.

If you have exhausted the natural options and see no progress and your depression is ruining your life then perhaps work with a good psychiatrist who will try you on different Anti depressants. There are plenty of alternatives to SSRI without the sexual sides. In fact some ADs increase libido and energy - Bupropion is one of them. Many users report lobido increase to the extent of it being a massive inconvenience.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9250&hilit=wellbutrin

There is a severe aversion to Psychiatric medicine on this forum. I m not sure why, perhaps some synergy with the SSRI sexual dysfucntion. That aside, if you are at your wits end go see a physciatrist and speak about your problems and options. I don’t see many endocrinologists being successful but people with normal hormonal profiles often keep getting treated by them.

if you have a completely normal hormonal profile and severe depression perhaps talk to a physciatrist at least. Deep depression is a symptom of this syndrome - without a cure right now treating the symptoms is all we can do.

heys guys,

thank you for all your replies, I thought I would give a quick update.

I tried the Xanax and it basically made me too relaxed and not care about anything ( didn’t like it).

I believe, the anti-depressants was downgrading dopamine and giving the liver too much work (estrogen), why is was making me worse howevere it did help a lot with brain fog. I am currently now switching between st johns wort, 5htp, SAM-e (that as far as i can go depression wise). and I’m having therapy.

My neurotransmitters are so low that i have to eat carbs in morning or i cant function. I switch between Gluten brown bread (alkaline) and gluten porridge but i just cant beat the brain fog, spacey/racy thoughts and headches.

Ive tried Bicarbonate soda in water which helps a little but not enough. exercise makes me crash immediately after so i cant do that to much. The others things ive tried:

dopamine precursors (phenylalanine, tyrosine, subaltamine, mucuna purines, wellburton, coffee) all made me crash hard, so Ive stopped all them.

lemon in water ( makes me worse sum-how)

apple cider vingar

green juice ( spinach)

90 % alakline diet (very diffulcult to get enough protein, almonds, hemp seed protein shake, tofu (soya= estrogen) )

I took a lot of xanax a week ago, to a point I cannot remember what I did for a day, complete memory loss. And since 2 days my situation is terrible. I took Xanax because of the pain (scalp, eyes, bladder, arms,…) and now its even worse. I thought Xanax was safe. But ok I was reckless. I took around 2.5mg for 4-5 days …
I’m tired of the pain.
Btw, Ive been on keto diet and fasting for 10 days.
I really don’t know what it got worse.

Yes I take a alprazolam after 5 months of crash I take a little alprazolam 2 time in a day 0.2 keep kalm my mind. I take for 15 days and after I stopped.

I tried Ativan and madezepam both gives me strong erections but they delay ejaculation and reduces satisfaction.

You take alprazolam, don’t you think it’s risky ? Do you have PFS ?
If Alprazolam is not risky I don’t know why this crash is so hard and happened just after I took “high” dose Alprazolam (Xanax).