Anyone of you ever take accutane?

I remember around ten years ago I took a drug called Roaccutan for treating Acne. Horrible drug, many same side-effects as with finasteride listed.

I only got to thinking about it now with PFS. When I was younger, I had huge libido. Actually my problem was that I wouldnt even like going to a sauna publicly coz I was afraid that I might just get a huge boner. I also remember running from school trips home coz the urge for me to masturbate was so strong, many times I had to use a backpack in front of my pants coz I had an erection underneath.

So when I was 18, I took accutane for 6 months.
Long story short, my libido was never the same anymore. For many years I felt depressed from time to time, 50% of the time my dick would work, 50% of the time it wouldnt. Back then I thought it was psychological but now thinking back I honestly think it wasnt, it must have been the accutane.

My sister also took accutane during the same time period. She’s still suffering from severe depression.

Now I suffer with pfs. And could say that there are many side effects that are quite the same as they were with accutane.
I’ve studied this more on the internet and there are many cases with lasting ED and many other cases from accutane.

Pfs just made it worse for me. If I was at 50% before, now I’m at 5-10%. I know most of you are too.
Its actually ironic, one side effect listed is balding.Maybe I got bald because of this shit and that lead me to use finasteride later? haha…

Are there any other members on the board who have also taken this drug?

More on Accutane and its side-effects accutanesideeffects.net/

And the theory?

i’m really fucking sorry that you and sister took accutane. i was pr virile myself but of course you can’t compare yourself well to other men since you don’t know how sexual men are in general. it’s been interesting to turn from obsessed of sex to barely sexual, heh.

there was a member called Maria who Mew banned for not being a finasteride user. he made a topic about Maximum Milk Thistle? i think. look it up, it’s the milk thistle topic in here. if you can, ask Mew for her email and contact her and ask how is the milk thistle helping her still. for a lot of guys here, it seems to work like finasteride so they basically improved a lot while on it then started getting symptons and after quitting crashed horribly.
also, i cannot unfortunately bring the source but some accutane sufferer improved his/her symptons/cured them? by 30-40 day water fasting. yes i know, it blows that i don’t have sources but im pr sure that is correct + it’s healthy anyways.

So give the milk thistle idea to your sister ONCE you know that Maria is still improving on it (remember, it’s the specific milk thistle brand, some component in it was making her better) and definitely the water fasting idea. Consider the water fasting yourself too. But both of these - at your own risk.

The user left the website on her own accord, I did not ban her.

I took a low dose course of accutane for a brief period when I was about 17. Then about a year of fin when I was 23 - 24. Yeah I was pretty determined to ruin my health over vanity.

I was the healthiest I had ever been before I took fin so I don’t know if I had lingering effects from accutane. What really worries me is genetic changes from these two awful drugs. I hope to get my genome sequenced in the next couple years. I am not sure if that can detect epigenetic changes though.

Now of course I am very anti-pharmaceuticals and see it all for the scam it is. Some aspects of my health have been improving so I am optimistic that I can get to livable place but the stress of this all has been intense.

I just think it is insane that the these are FDA approved drugs. Just goes to show you how corrupt the process really is.

oh! sorry, you were pretty adamant about not being okay with her staying her, thus my conclusion. do you have her email and can you pm it to me?

No, to be fair, it came from other people predominantly - as far as what was voiced publicly.

Yes i also took accutane for 6months or so when i was around 17.
Did have a couple of non erections when faced with sex for the first few times, bit being a virgin perhaps this was just nerves. But after that sex life was fine and no problems at all. Until fin.

I do suspect perhaps it has caused some lasting problems as i hav some skin problems i think may hav resulted from it and possible mental changes too as i did get a bit depressed as well as facial flushing which still occurs now. All things that were not present before i took it.

I took Roaccutane. I was lucky in that I did not experience many of the sides. I did suffer from dry skin and was really moody, but I know some of my friends took it and they had to quit sport because they just couldn’t handle it. This did not happen to me, and I was always horny while taking it and never had a problem either until fin.

Yes, i took it years before taking propecia. Everything really pisses me off, shit like accutane and propecia were “not supposed to” leave permanent side effects, yet they have both scarred me. I don’t even know where to start bro. I guess on the plus side I do have those drugs to thank for me being able to realize that life is not fair, nor is society. I used to be one of those people that thought if a doctor told them something, or if they saw something on TV then it must be true, but alas not anymore and for that I am grateful that I am not longer naive and stupid. Although it happened at the expense of my health, and libido. What a life…

Yes, I took it when I was 18 for bad acne, which cleared it up right away. Kinda the same way Propecia made me grow hair right away. The faster these drugs work, the worse effect they are probably going to have on your body. Look at Chinese Medicine: Most of the time it takes a very long time to notice any effect of CM, but there aren’t many sides. Living in Asia for almost 7 years now I have grown to appreciate herbs more. BTW, I can’t recall Accutane giving me any bad sides, but who knows. At the time I was just too happy that I didn’t have acne anymore.

Yes. I tool Accutane when I was about 32, and it worked out pretty well for me; no permanent damage; it did its job well.

The problem was that when I took Propecia – at 39 – its long-term drying properties slowly began to make my face feel like it was mummified, and the skin on the rest of my body began feeling like it was permanently wind-burned. And my lips felt like someone cut tiny slivers in them and poured vinegar on them.

That happened about 5 years into taking Propecia. I thought it was just another pesky side effect. But a year later, I was so uncomfortable that I had to go off it.

Turns out the skin damage has not resolved itself even now, 5 years after I quit Propecia. True, it’s not worse, but the dryness has remained, and makes me uncomfortable at least 80% of the time.

So if any of you out there have ever taken Accutane, do not – NOT, NOT, NOT – even think about taking Propecia.