Anyone here have ADHD? PFS and ADHD medication / stimulants safety

This post is made following that Melcangi paper on SRD5A2 methylation in PFS patients that warned about prolonged use of amphetamines possibly triggering the same DNA methylation pattern as PFS.

It cites a study which I haven’t read yet:

As someone with severe ADD, stimulants like dexamphetamine are my only lifeline in order to even approach a base level of functioning, this is terrifying news.

Anyone here take ADHD medication regularly and notice worsening of PFS symptoms?

I got pfs in college and would take adderall
Or vyanse sometimes to pull an all nighter or for a test l. I was never prescribed it or took it regularly though. Who knows if it contributed to my permanent sides

I also got PFS in University and was taking ritalin at that time. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was a kid.

I have also taken ritalin after getting PFS and it was a disaster.

Hello brother,

I have diagnosed ADHD after finasteride. I am on methylphenidate it helped me a lot, i mean without it i have Zero libido. once i tried to drop using it, i crashed so hard almost became suicidal. I crashed while with my girl nothing helped (even pde5 inhibitors were ineffective) I immediately restarted my dick became responsive in 5 days after 1 week i returned to my baseline pfs level. So I recommend methylphenidate for sexual and short term memory problems of pfs.

I have to add that before methylphenidate i used modafinil it restored my will for life but i do worse on sexual side. Late ejaculation increased though no effect on ed.

This also looks interesting they might also increase some and decrease some type of histone acetylation;

Blockquote
Acute modafinil and METH injections caused similar effects on total histone acetylation, increasing H3ac and decreasing H4ac, and they also increased HDAC1, HDAC2 and GluN1 protein levels in the mouse mPFC.
Blockquote

What is that from?

Does anyone here take dexamphetamine, adderall, or vyvanse regularly?

So you take methylphenidate regularly? For how long have you been taking it after PFS?

Heres a study about how methylphenidate increases or decreases neurosteroids in different ADHD subtypes: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24599397/

MPH decreases allo in patients with ADHD-PI + depression, but not in patients without depressive symptoms.

Accordingly, I noticed that my insomnia got extremely bad when I was taking methylphenidate as opposed to dexamphetamine which wasn’t as bad iirc.

In which ways did it make you worse?

Hello I have been started in my 6th year since then, it halted and reversed some of my pfs.
I thought it was not effective tried to drop it and I crashed so bad, my libido totally gone. I became absolute zero.
Restarted immediately, I recovered to my old base line in one week.

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/cap.2008.0161?journalCode=cap

Thanks. I am most concerned about amphetamines when taken as prescribed daily during the day could cause insomnia at night epigenetically. I can’t take methylphenidate because it destroys my sleep drive even at micro doses.

I recommend Doxylamine succinate for insomnia thats my absolute solution. amphetamines Might dangerous they can cause cognitive impairment with long term usage. Methylphenidate is much more safer also modafinil is okay but with modafinil i had a huge late ejaculation problem. I prefer Methylphenidate for libido.

I understand where you’re coming from in regards to methylphenidate, but as I’ve said, for being someone with ADHD-PI with depressive symptoms, methylphenidate will lower neurosteroids for me and wipe out my sleep drive as I’ve experienced. So it’s absolutely a no go for me. Modafinil gives me rashes.and it’s not strong enough.

My only resort pharmaceutically is amphetamines, but the admonition from this Melcangi study which cites this study, has me worried: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4622560/

I don’t know how to interpret it, but I have not found any mention of SRD5A2 methylation in the said study.

I checked, yes methylphenidate does not effect histone acetylation like amphetamines.
If you go with your therapeutic Dosage you will be okay. In this paper, study is on addictive behavior so, their dosage is supra-physiological and there is a trick for dopaminergic medication, you should never take them with any other serotonergic medication, that will cause or accelerate addiction.

It caused perineal shrinkage, prominent veins, fibrosis and suicidal anxiety.