Anyone have tried bupropion? How is the result?

@ swq5803000

Interesting…

I have never seen anyone get blood neurotransmitter levels

This labs reference range is difficult because all it’s telling us is less then a certain amount is normal or that less then a certain amount is not high . It’s not telling us if the values are low or not

It seems like the catecholamines play a part in the sexual sides for me . So far taking the phenylalanine, tyrosine and co factors b4 and vitamin C have helped noticeably with erections even though erections are still not great and over all libido improved as well. Sensitivity is not terrible currently either. My sexual function was nonexistent for the 44 days in my latest serotonin trial prior to starting this. So this is a noticeable improvement. However orgasm remains non existent, ejaculation quality and quantity remain very poor. I’m going to keep hammering the whole dopamine, norepinephrine and Epinephrine pathway to see what happened’s. I’ll continue to increase dosage in everything. So far no adverse reactions. Sleep remains overall pretty good. So overall so far so good

1 Like

I also have the symptoms of constipation, I would like to ask how you solve the problem of constipation

@ Swq5803000

Please get a urine neurotransmitter test so we can see if the amount of serotonin in your urine is low . Because then we can further put to the test this serotonin thing. I increased serotonin and it cured my constipation . I have been off the serotonin amino acid and co factors and for a few days now and my constipation is still not terrible . I have gone on and off the serotonin supplements several times now and every time the result was the same. That the serotonin supplements helped the constipation a lot . But I had low amounts of serotonin in my urine

But don’t guess . I highly recommend the urine neurotransmitter test

@5-alpha-victim

I’ve also read a lot about Parkinsons but from my point of view I don’t think low CNS dopamine is the cause of Parkinson, but rather a symptom. Parkinsons sufferers got damage in cells in the brain that produce dopamine.

So I don’t think low dopamine is harmful or will lead to Parkinsons per se.

However I’m happy to hear you got some benefits already from your experiment. Very interesting indeed. Keep us posted.

@swq5803000

Something that is really good for gut health and contistipation is eating more fibers. I add some psyllium seed to my breakfast (1-1.5 table spoon) every day and it works wonders for my bowel movement.

I don’t have slow bowel movement, rather the opposite but it’s been shown to “normalize” bowel movements for both sides.

Also help gut barrier and work anti inflammatory in the gut according to studies.

If you decide to try it, be sure to drink atleast a full glass of water with it though. Since if ingesting without fluid it will increase contistipation.

What supplements or medications do you take to increase serotonin

THANKS.I will try it.

1 Like

what was your bupropion doses ?

300mg XR

L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP and B6.

I don’t suggest jumping right into these supplements. I had low serotonin confirmed with a urine test. I increased it with this three things and my constipation went away. My sexual sides got a little worse while on these three things which went back to baseline after coming off these three things . I did not get worse

Bump this thread

I started bupropion today . 150 MG’s .

How is everyone doing ?

1 Like

@ Giatriko

I started bupropion today . My doc also said for some it makes anxiety better and for some it makes it worse . But I don’t care about anxiety. I just want it to make the sexual sides better . Did you get the sexual sides and if so what did the bupropion to do your sexual sides

@ Tricky

Are your sexual sides still improved from the bupropion? Also is it still the case that as the bupropion improved your sexual sides your anxiety has improved ?

I went on bupropion at 150 MG today . What is your dosage ? 150 MG or 300 MG? How long have you been on the bupropion again ? My doc says it takes up to 5-7 weeks to get the drugs full effect

@ Roy1

Are your sexual sides still improved from the
Bupropion?

I started taking it today . I’m going to start at 150MG for the first few days

@5-alpha-victim just see how you go. It’s not contingent on other people’s experiences. If anything it’ll play into the potential placebo effect of it.

1 Like

The past month I crashed and recovered several times, but I’ve stayed recovered for over a week now.
I’m on 300mg. Originally 150 for 9 months, then upped to 300 when I crashed at the beginning of July. Yeah my anxiety started getting better last October when I realized I wasn’t impotent for life, it also kept me sane during my recent crashes I think.
Good luck in your trial, mate.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your recent crash. That’s good that so far upping to 300 MG’s has recovered the sexual sides again. I think I’ll stick with 150 MG’s only for longer then planned before going to 300 MG’s.

Since upping to 300 MG’s in July how many times have you crashed and recovered again ?

Keep us updated brother

Thanks for the response

My sexual sides are bad enough to the point that there is no way placebo effect will make them better

1 Like

Must have crashed and recovered around 3 or 4 times in the space of a month. Impotency followed by recovery then back to impotency. I seem to have been stable for the past week or so. Staying cautious right now

Unbelievable…

This makes it pretty clear that at least for some of us dopamine is involved directly with the sexual sides. But it’s almost like the ability to regulate it properly is missing . It sounds like you are doing the right thing by staying on it riding the waves . The best part is that even though it makes anxiety worse for some no one has experienced a crash from this drug. Never thought in a million years I would ever go back on another pharmaceutical.

1 Like

by back pain do you mean kidney pain?