Anyone experienced improvements in taste and smell?

Since my crash, I’ve experienced a decline in my ability to taste and smell. Sometimes I have a metallic taste in my mouth, which is more apparent after meals. Just wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms that have improved naturally over time. Thanks!

Same as you my sense of smell is done along with taste, I also get metallic taste in my mouth as well, do you get dry mouth as well?

yup especially in the mornings

2 Likes

Diminished

I think I do to some degree, but no clue on how to measure it. Everything definitely still has “a smell” as it did before. Maybe not as strong

Another thing I’ve noticed is that although i can maybe taste food to a certain degree, I hardly ever have an after-taste. The taste goes back to metallic fairly fast.

my early days of crash i had id say 10% of tasting and smelling sense now after almost 3 years it came back to 80% id say the 20% thing that holds it back from being 100% is the ability to bring back memories… for example i used to smell a cologne and immediately id remember some good memories related to that cologne but now i can smell it and and i can distinguish the scent coming out of it but memories are non-existant or vague

1 Like

That’s very reassuring, thank you! Did you do any special diet or treatment plan?

nothing crazy like water fast or anything like that, i just eat healthy most of the times(paleo-low carbs) but there are times that i slip up, used to take(rotate) CD Nuts herbs but not anymore(im not saying there are not usefull i just dont feel like doing it anymore), and finally jogging/walking in nature makes me feel better i do jogging almost everyday.