Anyone else here with symptoms of autonomic and/or peripheral neuropathy?

Hi all,

Just wondering if others have these symptoms that match autonomic and peripheral neuropathy.

Autonomic:

Signs and symptoms of autonomic neuropathy depend on the nerves affected. They might include:

*Dizziness and fainting when standing, caused by a sudden drop in blood pressure.

*Urinary problems, such as difficulty starting urination, incontinence, difficulty sensing a full bladder and inability to completely empty the bladder, which can lead to urinary tract infections.

*Sexual difficulties, including problems achieving or maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction) or ejaculation problems in men. In women, problems include vaginal dryness, low libido and difficulty reaching orgasm.

*Difficulty digesting food, such as feeling full after a few bites of food, loss of appetite, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal bloating, nausea, vomiting, difficulty swallowing and heartburn, all due to changes in digestive function.

*Inability to recognize low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), because the warning signals, such as getting shaky, aren’t there.

*Sweating abnormalities, such as sweating too much or too little, which affect the ability to regulate body temperature.

*Sluggish pupil reaction, making it difficult to adjust from light to dark and seeing well when driving at night.

*Exercise intolerance, which can occur if your heart rate stays the same instead of adjusting to your activity level

And peripheral:

*Gradual onset of numbness, prickling or tingling in your feet or hands, which can spread upward into your legs and arms

*Sharp, jabbing, throbbing or burning pain

*Extreme sensitivity to touch

*Pain during activities that shouldn’t cause pain, such as pain in your feet when putting weight on them or when they’re under a blanket

*Lack of coordination and falling

*Muscle weakness

*Feeling as if you’re wearing gloves or socks when you’re not

*Paralysis if motor nerves are affected

I have quite many of these.

1 Like

I have full body numbness and burning muscle pain throughout the day especially in the morning upon waking up from my already poor sleep and constant body twitching throughout the day. And breathing is becoming more difficult for me now, I don’t have low blood pressure but it is high all the time along with rapid heart beating. And coordination for me is bad I trip a lot if I don’t look at the ground below me while walking which is scary considering how I never did that prior to developing this condition. Also the sexual symptoms are the worst along with urinary retention and loss of ability to feel my bladder.

3 Likes

@Gavia
Out of the 16 symptoms noted, I have half of them, mainly in the peripheral list. Jim

1 Like

Hello Gavia. I’ve had symptoms described by you (not all fortunately), some have resolved, others not.
Solved : dizziness, loss of appetite, weakness
Unresolved : vaginal dryness, constipation, low libido
I’m sorry you’re sick.

1 Like

Thank you all for answering.

Today my muscle pain has been absolutely horrendous, I can barely get up from my bed.

Hi from Italy.

Guys It is very probable that what we have is fibromyalgia or an autoimmunity on the central nervous system and a peripheral autoimmunity with a neuropathy of the small fibers. There is certainly a constant attack by the immune system on our gut microbiota.

3 Likes

Same old story, autoimmune disease, gut micribiota problem, neuro inflammation, normally long time processes now as a quick reaction after sometimes only a one mg one time disposition to an endocrine disruptor?! Isn’t there a reaction of the cellular hormone reception from genetically predisposed more probably?

1 Like

no because there is scientific evidence the gut microbiota is chronically altered. The gut microbiota is managed by the immune system which is formed in the germinal centers: lymph nodes, bone marrow, thymus. Follicular and regulatory T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes. They produce specific cytokines and specific antibodies.

In CFS (cronic fatigue syndrome) a recent research proven antibodies versus bacterial Roseburia.

And how do you change a gene epigenetic altered??? We were all sane before with our polimorfic gene

Is this good news or bad news

Bit of both. Bad news since an autoimmune condition muddies the issue. But good news since we probably have more in common with other AI sufferers, and research is ongoing in many of those conditions which may ultimately prove useful in understanding certain PFS symptoms.

Btw that isn’t to say that PFS is strictly an AI disorder. It’s not. But Baylor confirmed overexpression of pro inflammatory genes, which leads me to think that many of our symptoms may have an immune response aspect to them.

2 Likes

Thanks Bro :slightly_smiling_face: correct

The syndrome is real, is organic, is not in your head.

Depression and anxiety are consequences of a damage organic.

I know guys with CFS, they have DE, poor libido and they Lost morning erections and many males fibromialgica too

If some of the world leaders in Androgen Receptor Expression, Epigenetics and Metabolism, Bioinformatics, Human Molecular Genomics at Inst. for Human Genetics, University of Schleswig Holstein tell they can help us based on conclusions of the Baylor Study I would trust them more than the typical suspects as autoimmune, gut microbiome, neuroinflamation…

I think good news, after all! Genom analysis, gene editing, epigenetics is starting up! With the green letters radiation of the early eighties computers, nobody thought about internet and multimedia revolution! Maybe only for us old guys it comes to late.

But in fact it is good that the research proceeds on several parallel lines. The important thing is to find the cause and arrive at a solution by collaborating and questioning. Science progresses like this.

From the studies it seems more likely an immune involvement, an alteration of the intestinal microbiota and in succession an epigenetic modification

1 Like

While I agree with you about the fact that the immune system plays a role in all of this, I find it highly implausible that epigenetic disregulation resulting from changes to gut microbiota could cause all our symptoms. This is more likely a downstream effect.

We will see, the problem is very complex.

One can only hope for a quick ass shot.

1 Like