Anyone else find that they care less about PFS?

For some reason, in the past 6 months, I’ve stopped caring about my PFS.

I also see that activity on this forum has gone slightly down, and it makes me wonder if this feeling has not been exclusive to me, but rather felt by everyone with PFS to some degree.

I think it might be the post-covid societal depression. Nobody seems to be going out and having fun, I don’t even see it on social media much anymore. Society seems more and more like a joke to me, personally. I still have a YouTube channel that keeps me motivated and but outside of that I don’t feel much inclination to join the “others”, especially since there doesn’t seem to be as many “others” as there used to be, if you get what I’m saying.

A large part of why PFS is detrimental is the hit to your social life. Getting laid, making friends, becoming successful financially, etc all become much harder if not impossible when you have it. At least for me it’s appeared that way. The reality is, for 90% of us PFS is not 24/7 literal, excruciating physical pain, but the underlying anxiety of not performing well in life is the reason why we post here and give a shit about it so much.

For some reason this drive seems to be disappearing from people as we near a highly probable recession and our society shifts into something quite a bit different.

When I first got PFS in 2019 I had several years of “good times” behind me that I so desperately wanted to return to. But given how the past few years have been, some days I almost wonder if it’s better if I stay in this emotionally blunted PFS state. In some ways it seems like a gift, because I can endure the loneliness and lack of satisfaction with relative ease. I’m certainly not depressed, at least not in any sort of sentimental way; I’m just blunted as I was in 2019, just a lot less angry and passionate about recovering or for a cure to be found.

Obviously your experience may be different but I was just wondering if anyone shared this sentiment with me.

2 Likes

I’m the opposite. I hate this condition with every fibre of my being and can’t accept it.

I had a horror crash a decade ago and after three or four years lived ok for a decade. Sexless, but size and numbness resolved largely. was getting regular nocturnal and spontaneous erections.

Now I crashed again I want to die.

Sorry to hear that. People regularly return to their pre crash baseline so hopefully the same will happen for you soon.

thanks, but can’t see it, lost a lot of muscle, had a crash, brain fog severe as is depression.

A full on second crash seems so rare, years later.

If only I’d posted on here last year when zma started giving me problems, kept taking zinc which you regularly point out is also potentially toxic to us.

One of our team had a crash years later after eating tofu, which he’d enjoyed for years. AFAIK he has got back to baseline.

I don’t think it’s that rare for people to have a second crash, I’ve had people message me including one guy who crashed, fully recovered, crashed, recovered and crashed and recovered again.

I’d take comfort in the knowledge that you improved in the past so it’s possible again.

2 Likes

Good you’ve stopped caring.

I haven’t unfortunately. Everyday life keeps reminding me of my condition every single minute.

1 Like

Thanks mate, I know I recovered in a lot of areas including penile structure and size without doing much.

This was a proper crash though, had the slight recovery period in between then went to hell.

The crashes you describe are like mini crashes or worse, I had one last year when I noticed loss of sensitivity and started getting insomnia. But although I kept improving I still took 5aris, oblivious to the real problem.

My symptoms vary from time to time, there are days where I feel good, and also days where I don’t see the point in living anymore. The condition has significantly affected my life for the worse. However it has somehow stabilized, and if I keep myself distracted I don’t get reminded as often that I have PFS.

The fact that we raised a significantly amount of donations and also the research that will take place sooner or later keeps me motivated.

4 Likes

No, I wish I could, but I still care as much as the day I got it.

Activity is down since the therapeutic efforts threads largely got locked. Agree most don’t work but gave hope

1 Like

Still hope with the study on track and sample collection beginning soon. Hope you’ll consider applying to participate given I assume you’re in the UK.

2 Likes

I didn’t really care for years cos my situation was fine, now I have severe pfs again after a decade.

Just wish I had come on here last year for advice when I had a crash on zma. Forgot or didn’t realise it was a 5ari. Recovered but kept taking zinc and bad lifestyle.

I would be happy to

2 Likes