Anyone done an extremely long NoFap?

Has anyone ever done a 365 day+ nofap on here?

I remember reading a post on a nofap forum a while back that said “90 days isn’t enough to resensitive androgen receptors” and to me it’s look like PFS is related to the receptors quite a bit… Anyone ever done a super long one?

Isn’t nofap about resensitization of dopamine receptors?

1 Like

No sir.

I’ve done a long one, a few months. It did not benefit.

I’m not sold on the benefits of nofap. Your reproductive unit is meant to be used, not neglected and forgotten about…

1 Like

Well, our situation is unique. We are already not healthy to begin with, and abstinence from sex/ejaculation has been shown to increase androgen receptors.

Could you post a link please?

Increased estrogen receptor alpha immunoreactivity in the forebrain of sexually satiated rats.

Sexual behavior reduces hypothalamic androgen receptor immunoreactivity.:

Pharmacological and physiological aspects of sexual exhaustion in male rats.

Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence.

1 Like

Before these issues when i did a week of nofap my penis was constatly aroused and very full. Now even if i do a month it does not matter. Perhaps i will try to do a very long one

I see those studies as more indicative of a short-term effect, with one stating sexual function returned to sexually exhausted rats within a week. There is still also debate on whether increasing AR is good or bad for us and evidence of a positive correlation between AR and prolactin in the prostate, and a prolactin spike after orgasm leading to both an increase in AR, and sexual satiety.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301051105001110

I’ve personally done the NoFap thing involuntarily for about a year and it made no difference. That was 1 year in my very early 20s with only a dozen or so orgasms. Probably half from sex. Desire, function and sensitivity peaked after 5 days to a week and plateaued.

I personally do think I have an improvement on NoFap, definitely not to the insane androgen sensitivity I had before, but Christ, when I fap every day it is definitely a toll on my brain fog, ability to gain muscle, erections, etc. you’re right about the studies being short-term, which is why I ask the question in the original post.