Anyone developed paranoia?

Every since I was injured by the SSRI and developed PSSD I developed strong paranoia. I wasn’t like this at all before. I wasn’t fearful and I was rational but now, now I’m going crazy. Like I can’t even sleep alone cause I’m too scared. Can’t go to the bathroom alone at night. Can’t stay home alone. I’m so scared of everything, of many things I was never scared before. I’m sure the damage to my brain receptors must have caused this as I literally developed this overnight after getting PSSD.

Does anyone else deal with this?

1 Like

This was me the first few months. Then it calmed down and I got the total opposite of it.

My theory of this is at first you get a rush of ammonia, which stimulates NMDA and you get chemical anxiety. After some time ammonia levels fall, you get chronic low grade hyperammonia which blocks NMDA and anxiety.

Ammonia has different function on NMDA in different dosages

You need to lower glutamate, ketamine probably would work best.

1 Like

Hi Kathy I’ve had this particular side for 8 years now. I’d say it’s definitely one of the worst, to do with receptor damage and possibly those utilising gabba. It hit me after tempoorarily stopping propecia prior to an operation from which I never made the connection. It was initially intermittent and would subside when I was in socially distracting active environments ie when I was holding centre stage(having to think). As the damage progressed via propecia and related 5ars it became permanent. One thing I can say is that it’s something that you can manage to a degree. I’m afraid of being alone too I crave interaction yet find company painful too (a double edged sword). Stepping into the right environments is essential. I still try to do this despite losing so many people. Always tell yourself the fear is worse than the reality or it will build, cement itself if you step away from everyone. Passive people are the best as their behaviour is none threatening. Walks in nature help too. Even though these feel terrifying at times I’ve yet to feel worse after going for a walk. I hope this helps even
if just a little. I’ll :pray:for you tonight

1 Like

Don’t take me bad, but how do you know it isn’t your psychiatric disease or just withdrawal syndrome?
I think fearfulness is one of them

@finaduta An unceasing number of doctors are vocally speaking out and stating that a reduction in neurosteroids is the cause and not as a result of physciatric issues.

1 Like

I have been totally paranoid since my crash on Easter 2021. The first 6 weeks I was nearly unable to leave the house. Even my bed and my sleeping room. It was a horror trip going to the supermarket and by some food. I got paranoia entering Cafe for breakfast at midday. So I have my breakfast sometimes in a gas station coffeeshop.

I cannot walk around the nice lake district because I m totally afraid to meet my ex fiancee and her grandpa there because they are only a pair because of my sexual surrender after Fin crash.

I’m sitting in my chair and feel lonely and cannot stay alone, but no one is there.
I run through the living room every day and phantazise about my live never taken the pills and have phantasizes as if I life still together with my Ex and reproduce every day over half a year not having psf.
This thoughts are with me more than reality wich I don’t imagine anymore.

Behavior in reality is like a little animal on drug overdose. Totally disconnected from every reality.:mobile_phone_off::pill::sos:

1 Like

Cause I never had any “psychiatric disease” I was put on SSRIs because of anxiety caused by a very rigorous school program. Completely caused by environment I was in and I never had this thoughts before being put on SSRIs. Just some anxiety due to all of the pressure from the program + lack of sleep from studying too much

3 Likes

It’s unbelievable how much psychiatric drugs are pumped in child’s. This has to be banned like inhumane and bestially war crafts and weapons.
Children need support and a good therapy not being shot down by chemical trails

1 Like

Anxiety is on the DSM
Is a psychiatric condition. And a pretty tough one in some individuals.
Fearfulness is well related to anxiety and also after SSRI withdrawal.
I’m not denying your case by any means, just saying that could be, only could be, related more to both of these factors. Specially the SSRI withdrawal.

Anxiety because you have insane amount of academic pressure, and don’t have time to sleep or eat well chronically is completely normal reaction not a “disorder”. Plus most of the DSM and psychiatry is bullshit and pseudo science.

3 Likes

how long has it been since you’ve had pssd? a lot of my neuro sides got better after the first year. i dont think i was paranoid but i had a lot of anxiety which improved

its common for certain neuro symptoms to reduce

EDIT: just read your member story

question, what happens if you force yourself to do what your scared of? like have you gone to the bathroom at night even when scared? what usually happens to the fear afterwards?

PS- noticed that youre only 18. you have a lot to look forward to in life. the good news is the research and initiatives on this stuff is starting to happen (baylor published, more studies being announced, etc).

id say hold it together, because when you make it out on the other side, you’ll have an advantage most people dont have

1 Like

hah finally someone said it about DSM and psychiatry :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve definitely experienced more frequent paranoia in the years since developing PFS @kathy. Unfortunately I first crashed I had full-on psychosis, and have also had bouts of that during the nights when I’ve had subsequent crashes. Not fun at all.

I would say I’ve developed totally irrational fears also, such as agoraphobia. It used to take me quite a bit to work myself up to even walk to the store to buy groceries in the first couple of years.

Sadly, my motivation for almost everything in life is now intellectualised. I just find a way to intellectually reason with myself to overcome certain fears and get on with life as best I can. It’s an hourly struggle, but it’s created enormous resiliency and allowed me to do more than just survive.

The only suggestion I can make is that whenever you feel a fear you know is irrational, to actively challenge it and try push through. You won’t always be able to, but even tackling 50% of them could give you a mental boost.

Take care,
Mitch

1 Like

your experience is really similar from what is happening to me.
Everytime that PFS shows again i experience extreme anxiety and fearfulness. Sometimes i even think i’m going mad.
Also i developed some kind of agoraphobia.
I wasn’t aware of anyone experiencing these mental symptoms in relation to the severity of their PFS at same time.

3 questions:

1. do you take any psychiatric med?
  2. When your mind goes wild, you also notice symptoms of “active immune system/allergy” and some kind of pain feeling thru your body?
  3. By psychosis, what do you mean in your case exactly? Just psychosis feeling, or that you hear voices and loss contact of reality?

I’ll be clear that saying anxiety and fearfulness is not something that comes and goes for me. Unfortunately it’s a permanent physiological state induced by PFS, albeit one that fluctuates depending on the severity of my symptoms. I think you’ll find quite a few people experience this.

To answer your questions

1. No, absolutely not. Given there is a cohort experiencing a very similar condition to PFS, induced by SSRIs, I will never touch one. I do have a supply of benzos that I use if I’m having a panic attack or to help with sleep once a week, but I do not use them more than once a week.
  2. Not when I’m experiencing psychosis, but if my anxiety is extreme and/or I’m having a panic attack, then yes, I will experience a tightening in my chest and other physical pain.
  3. In my case, it’s a feeling and a loss of contact with reality, and it only occurs when I’m sleeping, and when I’m having a crash or worsening of symptoms. It always occurs alongside light sleep. For example, I live in a two story house, and one night I was having a “dream” that felt extremely real, where two people were downstairs breaking in to my garage. In hindsight, I was probably awake when I was having the dream. I suddenly came to and it all felt real, so I started panicking and looking out my windows, then opened one and started screaming “fuck off” at the “intruders” for about 5 mins before I felt attached to reality again. It was quite worrying as it felt very real. But in total I’ve only had 3 of these episodes in many years of PFS, and they only occur during dramatic worsenings/crashes, so they are not nearly frequent enough to cause concern.
2 Likes

I’ve been reading your posts, how is your situation after 8 years?
If we can split the disease within sexual, mental and physical, how much of improvement have you had?

Please PM me if you’d like to discuss so this thread isn’t derailed with my story.