Anyone been able to improve working memory?

One of my biggest struggles is that of working memory. I can’t stay engaged in conversations, even when I try. I forget what someone is saying to me midsentence and often find myself forgetting what I was doing or thinking.

This may have always been an issue, but it feels seriously heightened since PFS.

1 Like

This has been happening to me for decades. And got worse a number of years ago when I took another prescribed medication with similar bad side effects as finasteride.
I have gotten neurocognitive tests which objectively shows a deficiency in working memory, of holding things in my mind while other things are happening. It is an attentional deficit symptom of PFS, which is similar but different to true ADHD. I have tried stimulants, which have not worked.

I have been prescribed high dose epa fish oil then modafinil Then methylphenidate. Latter And first are really helped me all of panic and brain fog disappeared. I have still deficits in my working memory but thank god it is not as bad as before.

It took a year before this improved for me. Now it’s 80-90% of original and I’m having normal conversations

2 Likes

@lakehouse Did this happen over time without any treatment/supplements/medications?

1 Like

yes, i was taking nothing for a long time

1 Like