Any vegetarians or vegans here?

Well, at first it was mainly social pressure, almost everyone who I talked to about PFS insisted about eating a “normal” diet.

Then, with time, I realized that a vegetarian diet may not be the most appropriate diet for someone suffering from PFS, so I continued including meat in my diet and avoiding high amounts of vegetables.

Thanks, I don’t know if I have those food sensitivities, so I am certainly not prescribing anything but I will say I’m eating more fruits and vegetables than I was 6 months ago and would say that my condition doesn’t appear to have suffered from it.

1 Like

Glad to hear that. Keep at it.

What were your symptoms?

Does tomatoes, tomato paste, or sauce make things worse for anyone?

It is supposed to lower dht and They can irritate your guts. So it’s up to how you react to it.

I’ve had pasta here and there and doesn’t seem to do anything so for me tomatoes are fine no problems at all.

I always thought that a vegan diet would be worse for erections etc. I don’t know if that’s true, but this article caught my eye.

Very interesting. I had been vegetarian (mostly vegan) for years until PFS hit… just felt like my body wanted animal protein. Went back to vegetarianism for a short time and felt like I totally relapsed into terrible brain fog one day after a lot of soy. Luckily that went away the next day and I never looked back.

1 Like

People have had problems with soy here. I’m just underlining it. We had a post about it a few days back and it had slipped my mind that it is on the avoid list.

1 Like

If I’m parsing this correctly, you never looked back from sticking with a vegetarian diet after your soy event subsided?

A vegan diet means improved endothelial function in normal people, so it makes sense. Vegans also tend to have much higher T levels than non-vegans but also higher SBGH. I wonder if the former is due in part to synthetic anti-androgen and xeno-estrogen accumulation in animals.

could you provide any studies for the higher test in vegans ? or any website that explains this intrrested to read about it

1 Like

Yes that is correct. I avoid soy like the plague… I’m sure a small amount is fine but if I have a soy latte, my brain fog is exacerbated for whatever reason to a NOTICEABLE degree. It seems the documented effect on hormones is controversial, but I can only go off my own experience. I find my symptoms are best when I follow a mostly paleo high protein diet.

I’ve been vegetarian for 10 years. And vegan for 4 months. Since I stopped diaries products I feel a lot better. But I think it’s psychological. And I’m using bhb, metformin, prep, depakote, berberine, progesterone, … maybe something is working.
Sometimes I eat tofu or drink soy drinks, and I feel the same.

1 Like