Any pfs patient with perfect health but 100% impotence?

Please report here if you have 100% impotence but otherwise perfect health. you should have no fatigue, no joint pain, no appetite problem, no sleep problem etc. Also should not be taking any supplements, herbs or multi vitamins. I want to know if it is possible to have only sexual problems without having any physical problem.

i have a litle fatiqu erection and zero libido any other side effect

This sounds like a legal question from Merck.

1 Like

I took finasteride for almost 5 years, and its been 6 months since I quit. I have zero libido, complete ED and no other side effects. my life is destroyed.

Go for thyroid test and keep testing every 3 months. In PFS thyroid issue is a big puzzle piece.

I have thyroid goiter, but 6 month ago doctor said my Thyroid levels were normal . How is your libido and ED ? I am worried that I have severe ED(and zero libido) and I won’t ever recover from this condition.

what are your thyroid numbers?
My condition is not different from other pfs sufferers. Over time my belly has become very big. Now I have stopped gluten completely.

TSH 4.27
Free T4 1.3H
That’s all I have from the doctors report , I am unable to find the blood work from this hospital .

But this sample was collected while I was on Finasteride

It looks highesh. Do you have range? there should be a range.
what about vitamin D level?

Yeah I have had subclinical thyroid issue back in 2017 where it was close to 5 , but I think doctor said this range is normal. I don’t have references range since I got this from doctors notes on the patient portal .

I have had chronic vitamin D issues . Always had about like 20-26 ng/dL. But I have been taking vitamin D constantly for few years and it was in normal 38ng/dL range (ref 30 and above normal )

I contacted a couple PFS sufferers through the PFS Foundation support network and they both told me their only symptoms were sexual. Makes me think that is more common than this forum would lead one to believe.

I’m curious what impression the forum is giving you, and why? I’ve been here for at least two years and sexual side effects are probably pretty much the most universal and most reported ones.

There are indeed plenty of users here who suffer mainly or only sexual sides, including myself. There are most likely a lot of people outside the forum as well who live with these sexual symptoms every day. They are likely underreported because of the stigma and some of them might not even be aware they are caused by these drugs.

They are simply not discussed much on a daily basis because it is uncomfortable and taboo to talk about and there is, generally speaking, less tolerance and understanding for them, despite the severe loss of quality of life.

2 Likes

I just get the impression that there are a lot of people here who also have mental and physical side effects. Almost all of the initial “story” posts where people check the list of symptoms have symptoms listed besides just the sexual ones.

I think generally speaking, many users who are active here are more severely affected than others. I’ve met plenty of patients privately who suffer primarily from sexual symptoms and aren’t really that active here as a result.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say I’m 100% impotent but ED is pretty much my only issue. I did develop mild hypothyroidism after taking fin, but thyroid meds only help with regulating weight.

My most debilitating symptoms are mainly psychological (zero libido, flat emotions, anhedonia, complete loss of excitement). My mixed symptoms are loss of brain-genital awareness/connection, loss of skin sensitivity, fatigue. Pure physical symptoms are testicle shrinkage, harder stools, dry hair, constant shrivelled genitals, lower ejaculate volume.