Any opinions if this could be related to PFS and we can benefit from nerve regeneration?

Came across this study and it seems quite interesting to me, as far as I know we have neurological damage too, but I am not sure if the neurological damage is the major issue in PFS. I also know that the nerve cells don’t regrow, or at least not at this pace we want to, so if the major issue is neurological, this explains the longivity in the sides after discontinuing the drug/herb.
Please write your opinion on that one, I know here are people who are more knowledgeable than me.

1 Like

Bump.

That thing that worries me is it the nerve that’s damaged or is it a signaling thing.

The first can potentially be fixed via stem cells or other interventions

The other I have no idea
This seems to be one symptom no one really knows about unfortunately
Beyond frustrating honestly

For me at this time one of the biggest thing we have about pfs are human CFS and plasma neurosteroid levels thanks to Melcangis work. But strictly looking at those levels won’t tell anybody much unless you want to compare it to other conditions. Like lower Allo probably mimics TBI, ptsd, but we don’t have those. The next big steps would be probably catching culprit genes (if exist, Melcangi supposedly made a breakthrough here) and then look for mechanistic explanations in (ekhm) rats having those culprit genes in mind (at least in rat brains, but preferably all over the body acknowledging all symptoms). Though I have a feeling that Melcangi isn’t the most popular character here for some reason (and the same goes for rats). And after we have a mechanism, we could start answering the important questions.

The Kiel work could provide some mechanism, but obviously the question is whether the mechanism for symptoms would be the same for genital skin and brain.

Also along the way picking up interest of other big medical professionals would be great, as Melcangi seems to be the only one consistently researching our case.

Edit I’ve had a moment when drinking alcohol brought back enjoyment from music, alcohol allegedly rises allopregnanolone or rather modulates gaba a receptors. Perhaps it is fixable, but some targeted and perhaps novel solutions are needed as it is a novel condition. Can we fix this? Possibly. But after upcoming studies it would be nice to get some grant money as the cost of studies is only going to go up. Oh yeah, and it would be nice to bring down this pill also.

1 Like

Oh and also the question that is not very commonly asked here, but I think is more important than can we cure it. Is this progressive? Do we have to worry that we are going to have massive unpredicted crash after 20 years that will leave us in unlivable state? Can aging trigger this? The most prominent old timers that come to my mind here are in a very bad position unfortunately.
If this is progressive then can we counteract this at least? I hope the upcoming studies can somehow attempt to answer this question too.