any news on recent studies???

is there any news on the studies yet???

Updates will be published on pfsfoundation.org as soon as they become available. Studies are still in progress, even though we would all wish for things to go faster. Hang in there guys.

They may not release the studies until the PFS court trials start.

Your making that up, nobody told you that. Latest I heard is we could see both out this year.

Yes thats just speculation on my part. But I can’t see why they haven’t released atleast one of the studies by now ?

Analysis is still being preformed of the control group for the Baylor study. The Harvard I would assume since its Harvard they are simply taking their time because they want to be as accurate as possible.

correct answer to this is: NO NEWS YET. refresh the pfsfoundation page every five minutes for at least one more year and eventually some update will show up. or not.

seriously now, this is taking too long. at least give us an update, any update, even a % of the conclusion of the study that is updated once in a while. just something lol

Here ya go (from a few weeks ago):

Hi,

We did collect 11 samples till now from normal men for control, though it is only half of what we need. We just finished microarray test on 11 pairs of samples (11 samples each from PFS patients and control men). Now, we are collecting all the raw data which will be sent to a statistician in our school. They will do a data analysis, and if some gene expression changes significantly compared with control they will report to us, then we will run other experiments to confirm the changes in RNA and protein levels.

Thanks.

PS. I hope this cheers some of you guys up because this is exactly where we need to look if we are ever going to find out what exactly is causing PFS. Work is occurring, and I cannot wait to see the final data.

Ahhh thank you a lot!! At least its nice to know where we are at! God bless you BP
One thing that isnt clear to me is if they are testing for epigenetic problems too or just genetic? Just you know?

Hmmmm as far as I know, this sort of testing has already been done with prostate tissues and confirmed lowering AR expression among those who took fin. I assume the results will reflect that, but the tests have never been done with PFS patients, so they have to clinically identity the relationship. Hopefully they will discover more than that.

no, i meant not the mrna expression of the receptor but something like RT PCR where they reverse engineer the genetic code from the rna…

wait i reread the message from BP i think it may be just that.

good to know :slight_smile:)

such a pitty this takes so long and not looking at immune angle, but i think this will give us a lot of info maybe hopefully the root of the problem

cheers guy, very good tofinally have some news

looking forward to results.

Not very hopeful however. Who knows when merck will pay researchers to lose the trail on purpose. In reality PFSers are just useless pawns. Rare genetic/epigenetic fuck ups.

Its a syndrome not a disease. The recoveries are all differnt and random. There are far more important diseases with 5000-30000 people affected which get no special treatments. Its how the industry works.

The problem is probably immune related and the studies are not looking at that. I thought it was epigenetic untill i heard of guys crashing 3 years after quitting with full blown androgen insensitivity lol!!!

fingers crossed that we get more info to home brew with… but i thimk we have tried every treatment on the planet besides dangerous epigenetic drugs

Be optimistic dm. No Debbie Downers allowed.

i am optimistic that these studies will rule out some things and possibly give us something to work with via homebrew.

But expecting a legit cure is ludicrous. False hope/denial hurts in the long run. I think its always going to be down to improving the bodies ability to heal itself. Because these things are too complex to play armchair dr with

Time to get fasting fellas

Of course their not going to find a cure, they are not looking for a CURE. They are trying to find what is causing this condition, which is what must be done before treatments can even be considered and tested. That would be an entirely separate study.

These studies could very well reveal the core mechanisms at work in PFS.