Any advice to improve my condition slightly?

Hello guys,

Since I am in a very bad condition, I wanted to turn to you guys. Possibly only out of desperation, but maybe you have an idea.

I have had very, very severe PSSD for over a year now with the main symptoms of massive emotional numbness and sexual dysfunction. The emotional numbness is so severe that over time I have forgotten how to be respectful to those around me. In addition, I am no longer able to reflect on my actions. It is an absolute horror to have to watch these personality changes and not be able to do anything about them.

I have noticed that if my dopamine level increases just a little bit, usually through some medication, then at least I am able to be respectful to my fellow human beings. But unfortunately, I’m not responding to any dopaminergic medications right now. My condition also improves if I have some libido, but that almost never happens. Due to my PSSD, I will soon have to go to a nursing home because my parents no longer have the strength to care for me at home :confused:

I have actually long time ago said goodbye to the thought of being able to get cured of PSSD. My only wish in the meantime is to simply be able to show consideration for my fellow human beings and to realize my actions. And, if somehow possible, to be able to continue living at home.

Hence my question to you guys: Do you have any ideas what could improve my condition even slightly?

This is a list of things I have already tried. Sometimes with short-therm success, but unfortunately none of it helped me in the long term:

• BCAA
  • Phenylalanine
  • Tyrosine
  • N-Acetyl-Cysteine
  • l-Histidine
  • Dopa Mucuna
  • CBD-Oil
  • CBG-Oil
  • Lithium orotate (not tolerated at all)
  • Buspirone
  • Rasagiline
  • Solriamfetol (the best thing I tried so far, but it feels like water in the meantime)
  • Adrafinil
  • Modafinil
  • Pitolisant
  • Hydra-21
  • 9-mbc
  • DHEA
  • Boron (further worsened my almost nonexistent sexual functions permanent)
  • Lamotrigine
  • Lisdexamphetamine (Elvanse / Vyvanse)

Sorry to read this, it’s unfortunately too common. The old me left a longtime ago to be replaced by what you’ve described. Stay away from more suppps etc would be my advice as it would appear that your receptors are damaged. Easier said than done but stop chasing the previous you try to start again from where you are now. Try Intermittent fasting, look at your diet as this can cause us many problems. Look to eliminate problem foods. Look to do some sort of volunteering, perform acts of kindness, it grounds you and brings a degree of self worth back in to your life. Go for walks, try to take in the scenery. Do new different things it distracts the pssd mind. Last and certainly not least bring God into your life. Tell yourself you will get better, believe you will, say it repeatedly daily, Best I can offer but it’s my strategy and it’s kept me in the game thus far.

1 Like