Antibiotics. An awful dilemma

do you know for sure that the antibiotics they will give you have the same properties?

Not even the worldā€™s best scientists could tell you.

I know that a severe case here who used more common antibiotics without incident, but worsened dramatically and hasnā€™t recovered from taking one pill of an antibiotic used for treating a rare skin disease but also acne.

For me, this thread highlights one of the biggest worries of PFS that canā€™t be ignored.

Well I know I said Iā€™d be off here for a cppl weeks but today something troubling happened. Since my crash my breath has been really bad I just attributed to swamp mouth that I get time to time. Except earlier today i noticed behind my molar there is a hole in my gums that is clearly infected and my gums are swollen and hard. There is no pain but itā€™s for sure an infection. So Iā€™m back here again. Facing my worst fear. My worst dellemma. I am certain I will be recommended antibiotics. Iā€™m trying to stay calm. As it honestly truly seems like being punshied for something from a past life at this point. Uponnmy recent crash, my break up, my insane symptoms. Now this. But Iā€™ve decided I will simply not be taking them. If I have halitosis forever and my head rotts off then so be it. If there is the possibility they can remove the tooth (which is impacted and embedded in my jaw) I will go through with this major surgery and major financial burden in hopes they can cut and clean out any infection. Iā€™ll endure that pain and bone loss and protracted recovery because im 38 and not 17 whne most ppl have wisdom teeth out.

But antibiotics are simply not an option for me. I think eventually something will take me off this earth and into the stars but not yet.

I feel like im annoying on here and Iā€™m.sorry.

2 Likes

Never annoying. Your sharing the story of your path. Iā€™ve woke up to these holes too. Personally I think itā€™s the immune system attacking the tissue, its often accompanied by the further loosening of skin which u recently described. .Try gargling with Himilayan salt. Ive been using it lately in small amounts it helps the adrenals too. I used the recommended amount initially which was foolish. Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you bruv Iā€™ve been gargling salt like mad. My gums are certainly in bad shape . So thin. Luckily the blood I can suck from the hole seems to be a lot less maybe thatā€™s a good thing idk. Ive just simply decided Iā€™m not taking antibiotics ever and if that kills me in the end so be it. But I wont suffer that crash cause I know it would be the end of my mobility and sanity. Laz you are truly a gift to this forum a we are all so appreciative of you. God speed fellow sufferer on our journey. I will post the outcome of my visit tomorrow

1 Like

Thanks man, keep us posted I pray for you

Update

Yep itā€™s infected. And Iā€™m sensing due to the surface area of the swelling that itā€™s the wisdom tooth the molar beside it and where I had my other removed is all infected in the tissue. There is no pain but there is pus and swelling and a foul smell. Im feeling like its all infected Im hoping thats not the case but i kinda can feel it is. She says i wont need antibiotics if they remove the tooth are are able to clean everything out. This is my best case scenario. Either way im looking at a few grand for this wonderful procedure .The earliest consultation I could get with a surgeon is at the end of May. Until then I have a mouthwash to use and prayer it doesnā€™t spread or get worse

1 Like

I know how worrying this must be with everything being comprised. Iā€™ll be thinking of u and will offer up a reg prayer. Good luck Bro

1 Like

Thank you bro :heart::heart::heart: hoping for a positive outcome where I donā€™t have to take them

1 Like

What was the common antibiotic that didnā€™t effect them?

Doxycycline - He felt terrible during treatment. Had some head pressure, but all things went back to baseline after he stopped taking it.
Ceftriaxone - Only had diarrhea for a while. Well tolerated.
Amoxicillin (?) - He said he thought he took this one too for a dental procedure. Canā€™t confirm. Whatever it was, he had zero side effects. This is what I got for a dental abscess cleaning, too. Personally, one of these fucked me for a few months in terms of bringing my NMN supplement-induced dysphagic symptoms back. It also brought back other symptoms for only a day or so.

If it werenā€™t for the NMN, I think my life would be a lot different. I pray that you will get through this one, hippydoof.

1 Like

Thank you man this is a great breakdown . Im scared shitless of antibiotics itā€™s my number 1 substance Iā€™m afraid to take like a dark cloud looming overhead. Has you NMN cleared up some? Appreciate the prayers dude i need em right now :heart:

What did they do when you couldnā€™t take amoxicillin? Did it go away onnts own? My gums are seriously infected. I am fucked

1 Like

The infection went away on its own in my case.
I am so sorry, man. Sooner or later this will be my predicament too as I want to get a surgery to save my life.

1 Like

Thanks man. Itā€™s a scary situation. Today the inflammation has gone down a bit and my mouth doesnā€™t taste like an absolute sewer. Hoping my body can fight this if i keep gargling salt and doing the mouthwash. You need jaw surgery ya? I hope a time comes when you can have it done with less of a crash risk. Thanks for getting back man :pray:

1 Like

I donā€™t know whatā€™s what anymore

I donā€™t know what to do

I think I have sepsis. I am meeting the criteria of the infection spreading but also crash symptoms are the same. I was feeling so ill yesterday.

Swelling on gums has gone down but pressure on ear and eye in that side if my face. My stomach is churning my derelaization is insane. I am extremely fatigued. I accidentally swalled some of the anti bacteria mouthwash. Maybe thatā€™s causing this. itā€™s also signs that the infection has spread. Hot and cold flashes. Muscle twitchesā€¦ I have all this shit already. Iā€™m just fucking done. Iā€™m.so tired guys Iā€™m so so fucking tired. I want to scream and cry. This has been a merciless beating the past 1.5 months and Iā€™m hanging on by a thread.

Iā€™m going over this in my head there are a few ways this tooth shit will pan out for me

1. Miraculously it goes away and Iā€™m okay (not likely)
  2. Dental surgery to remove tooth and can clean out infection (low probability)
  3. Dental surgery plus antibiotics (most likely)

In event 3 I will prepare my will and take out the $10,000 thats owe to me. Spend some before taking the plunge and leave the rest for funeral costs. I am not saying I will kill myself before doing this. No ill take the antibiotics and endure the reaction. If however it completely devastes me then I am checking out. Iā€™ve suffered long and hard. Over 20 years and I wonā€™t live a life if Iā€™ve truly lost everything. I know the horrors of this disease but I know it can get much worse. And worse is a place I will not live in. My bones, connective tissue, muscles, cognition are already so impared. My humanity and identity is something I am barely clinging on it. I cant imagine crashing to hell and having major dental surgery with my connective and bone issues being in a crashed state. But thatā€™s getting a head of myself. Just planning a head. I was so very sick yesterday. Mentally deranged really. Havenā€™t slept.

God please help me to overcome this. These are some of most trying times of my life and my fight is not what it used to be. Guys I am not well at all and thereā€™s no signs of this really letting up. Please let this pass

1 Like

If you believe that you have sepsis please seek medical care immediately. My cousin passed away from sepsis. Every second counts.

Thinking of you @hippydoof

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be going to the hospital tomorrow if I do not improve. I am urinating a lot which is a good sign I do.not have it but I have all the other hallmarks which mimmick this disease already

2 Likes

Hello mate so sorry to read this, when I had gum grafts I was given a course of antibiotics I canā€™t remember which ones, I was very worried but they did their job and I had no illl effects, so youll probably be okā€¦ I cant say with 100% certainty but I suspect a lot of what your experiencing is pfs at its worst. When its like this it feels like the end, weve been here before, many times and pfs mirrors so many conditions with the symptoms being so varied and widespread.

I understand and comprehend the feeling of having no fight left when enough is enough, but it will pass .I truly believe it will.

Praying for you Bro :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you Laz Iā€™m hoping this passes bro. Iā€™ve been bad but this feels different. Today was insane but I managed to get through. Luckily Iā€™ve been pissing a ton so I dont think itā€™s sepsis but Iā€™m not 100% sure. Feet to the fire. things have somewhat eased off as the day went along.

Will be moving with my dad if I crash hard off the antibiotics I told my family today so I have a game plan at least.

Much love bro and thank you as always :pray:

1 Like