Another Vitamin D question

Vitamin D level at 23.8 and doc prescribed a weekly supplement which I assume is going to be the 50k IU. I read through a bunch of the threads and know this dose has been reported to have negative effects but not sure what the D level was of the user(s) reporting it.

Also seems that folks reporting good results from D supplements have mostly libido/erectile symptoms and not full body wasting, not sure if that makes a difference. The ones reporting crashes have more severe symptoms to begin with if anyone can confirm and I can’t tell if they were just experimenting or dosing by doc’s orders based on blood results.

What’s the current consensus…avoid this dosing?

1 Like

Yes, avoid this dose, it almost killed @Demon

Vit. D at 1000 I.U everyday seems to be fine, don’t take anything above it. I would eating 3 eggs along with some direct sunlight for an hour is enough.

1 Like

Do you know if anyone else with Demon’s symptoms took this dose? Would like to cross-reference experiences if there’s any to cross-reference.

Just don’t do it. Get some morning sun every day.

Not making recommendations but I personally take 4000 IU D3 daily.

Do you find that dose helpful?

I never get to get sunlight, but check-up shows that my Vitamin D is within range.

And to be clear did initial blood work show low then after taking your daily 4k it came up to within range? Or was it always in range.

I think you can put yourself in range without resorting to those mega doses that could cause you to become the next person with post-aromatase inhibitor symptoms.

Is that what you did? Started with low D and got in range?

Don’t remember. It’s been years.

Check out the supplementation section of this:

Check out table 1. Yes, you can be in range with only supplementing with a few thousand IU daily. I think those mega doses aren’t even common.

U cannot compare other’s experience with urs, everyone reacts differently, but i would definitely not risk on Vit. D >1000 I.U, and the dose u are going to take is 50× which is the same dose that disabled @Demon. Vit. D and Zinc at high doses act as aromatase inhibitors, if u f*ck with ur estrogens, suicide becomes the only option.

Do you know what your D level is/was? I’m not considering the 50k dose…I do have 5k IU but haven’t taken any yet. Mercked takes 4k but doesn’t remember his starting line. Trying to figure the correlation between D reactions and starting D level/symptom severity. I’m low and sun exposure where I live ain’t cutting it.

Well I mentioned PFS and my concern about the prescribed dosage to my doctor and I’m getting no response. Looks like I’m on my own here.

I cut my 5k dose in half and will take the other half if I don’t have a bad response. Anyone know how long it takes for a bad response to kick in?

Update: doc replied last night and said daily 5k should be OK. I wonder if she did any research at all before giving that recommendation or just couldn’t fathom a condition where 5k could possibly hurt. Thinking the latter.