andy555 Story ED

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from Poland?

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
Google
What is your current age, height, weight?
34 Years and height 174 weight 62
What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto,
Berberine and Tolperisone

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

2014 - tolperisone one pill
2021 berberine 2 pills two days

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Confusion
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
Tested my hormones after this. All is almost Ok. Progesterone is little bigger

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Many years ago when I got muscle tension I took tolperisone (mydocalm). After one pill I lost the sensitivity of my penis. The ability to feel emotions was destroyed. I was very sensitive and often cried. Nothing ever improved. Erections and excitement were full, but without proper stimulation I quickly lost the hardness of my penis. I took a break for several years and lived with it. After years, I consulted some people from forums, where I was recommended to lower serotonin, so I bought berberine. After eating two capsules for 2 days, I got PFS-like symptoms!

I should add that I was a genius, I could remember many things and work efficiently for long periods of time. At this point, berberine has damaged my life more than anything. I do not feel arousal, supplements for libido do not work at all. I know how finasteride and berberine work, they are very similar, but I ask myself, why does all this affect me so significantly? I had suicidal thoughts, which I got rid of by taking DIM.

Some people take something for years, while I take it once and get such symptoms.

I’m no longer taking any medication at this time.
Help.

Self-reporting template - ONLY USE FOR FUTURE POSTS TO REPORT ANY TRIALS OF TREATMENTS, NOT YOUR INITIAL MEMBER STORY

Hey there @andy555,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story with us. I’m sorry to hear you’ve also been going through these things. I feel that losing intimacy is very hard to come to grips with emotionally, it feels like such an important part of what makes us human.

This is essentially the question that upcoming research efforts will be attempting to figure out.

I can’t offer a first-line treatment suggestion but I can recommend subscribing to the PFSN newsletter and staying up to date with developments on various related topics if you haven’t already.

Also don’t forget to report your adverse reactions to your local pharmacovigilance agency, if you haven’t already.

I don’t know much about berberine or tolperisone myself but maybe someone else has experiences with them and can chime in here.

Take good care of yourself and I wish you a lot of strength.