An update to my condition/situation

Hi guys,
Not of much use to anyone but just an update as to my situation close to two years off this poison.
I have the following persistent daily symptoms
Insomnia, anxiety, depression, low mood, feeling of impending doom, fear, suicidal ideation, loss of social skills,/interaction, anhedonia, no drive, isolation other cognitive issues, increasing food intolerences (vitually everything) , muscle loss, weight loss, dry skin, no mucous, ear wax, straw like hair, nail problems, cold limbs, pins and needles, numb fingers and toes, zero libido, genital changes, testicular pain, urinal changes, day and night time sweats, continued gum loss, teeth pain, dry eyes, blurred vision, reduced taste, no smell, tinnitus in both ears, intermittent colour blindness, itchy scalp. All of the above have actually got worse with time my skin now feels scorched rather than dry. Some will know this has cost me dearly and I’ve lost everything. I exist daily just trying to hang on. Everything I’ve tried has only made matters worse. I feel nothing but constant pain don’t know how I can continue but I just do. Prayer and faith remains my only hope. If it wasn’t for my son I’d be gone hanging on for even him with this unabated torture is becoming increasingly difficult

10 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about that. It really is testament to your love for your son how strong you’re being.

Thankyou for documenting your struggle, for being part of this community and for keeping us updated.

I hope that you’ll see some improvement with time or that we’ll have some positive news from within the scientific community very soon.

3 Likes

Thanks Greek mate

2 Likes

Sorry to hear man I’m going through the exact same as you and my condition is worsening not getting better by any means and all I can think about everyday is suicide it’s like my body wants to put itself out of this torture. Can you tell me what treatment you have done?

2 Likes

Tried a few ssris and they destroyed me bringing on new symptoms. Then all of the diets, supps etc which only brought a brief uplift then crash. My advice would be to try nothing. If you’re in the early stages you might bounce back. The issue for me is that I took it on and off for 20 years not k owing the cause of the symptoms

1 Like

I am really sorry that you are in this hell mate! I got worse too due to self medication too. Do you think, that if you hadn’t taken all these meds and supps trying to fight PFS, you could have been in a better situation now?

1 Like

Papasnurf your entitled to your opinion but lots of people recover at the 3 month point some at 18 months some a lot longer and some ever. Ie been in close cintact with a guy recently who was at the end but he mostly bounced back after 3 months left with some remaing sides, his story is quite common. So hang on to those positives. I was on and off it for 20 years restarting is like suicide.
Tisho,
Id leave well alone mate and stick to clean living, meditation etc

I don’t think I’ll ever recover man I was put into hospital twice because of the immense pain I was going through my entire CNS was fucked up because of finasteride, I had diarrhoea every day for 6 months straight and chronic oral thrush that alone is enough to mess up your internal organs. I’m a complete shell, if I recover it’ll be a miracle that’s no exaggeration.

1 Like

How long have you been off papasmurf? Thought you were a newish sufferer sorry!

7 months man

It’s still relatively early u may still have a decent shot at improving. It never seems possible when in it. Had the same conversation with a few guys. Believe it will happen at some point.

My good friend… I am thinking about you… God knows how you were a gent when I was close to ending it in June / July… These have been the worst months in my life… It is still difficult to lead a normal life but I got slightly better and you were here when I was in deep shit… I will always be here for you man, anytime you can send a message or a call… We have a deal brother… Hugs…

1 Like

Here’s to wishful thinking my friend

1 Like

That’s how we all feel, pfs brings a sense of hopelessness

1 Like

@LazarusRy
I see you are in pain. I see anxiety is the worst among your symptoms. it will multiplying your tragic feelings. You can relieve your pain by studying Buddhism. It worked for me. If you are willing to change your belief system just try Theravada Buddhism. Please contatct me if you want any advice.

1 Like

@LazarusRy

I don’t think I ever thanked you for the courage you showed in doing the Daily Mail article, so from one sufferer to another, you have my gratitude.

I’m so sorry to read your post here. Please stay strong. Despite the feeling of hopelessness that pfs can engender, things are starting now to move in the right direction. We have the Baylor findings, Axo’s paper, the survey data, the Reuter’s legal drive to unseal the court documents and more, all within the coming 12 months. Next year could really be a breakthrough year for this issue.

Please take care as best you can mate.

3 Likes

Because of this situation, and im nowhere close enough to you about symptoms, my mind has a constant bug inside. Its like a feeling of hopelesness, exactly. Its like nothing in life will be allright and we will be stuck in this situation until we die. Its like putting your faith towards life in a cage and locking it. When everything goes good in my life, which happens rarely, i get upset because i remember my condition. Nothing makes me happy anymore, damage is done.

2 Likes

Thanks guys

As for me, the best way to cope with most of these symptoms is self meditation. I’ve tried lots of different supplemets before, such as webMD, natural supplements, read many It Works Reviews and tried even that. But non of these has helped me…

1 Like