An approach that somewhat works for me

Hormonal modulation is essentially what I’ve been doing (unwittingly) all this time. Basically, I would take a herb or a supplement, and some of these would cause a sharp increase in estrogen. That would lead to a flare-up of gyno (left-over tissue which grew during Finasteride usage) but also a decrease in the severity of brain fog. However, I believe now you’re in an estrogen dominant state, and naturally you seek to somehow upregulate 5-AR to balance this out. Lately I normally go to sorghum for this purpose. After I eat a hefty portion of this, the gyno subsides and mentally I feel a bit more dull than when I was E2-dominant, but overall better than before this hormonal shift occurred. And so, very slowly, I believe you perform this kind of hormonal seesawing until hopefully you end up at something close to a pre-Fin balance of enzyme and receptor expression.

It’s the only thing I’ve found that works to any degree, basically just nudging my body one way or another forcing it to find a new point of homeostasis which is hopefully better than the one I had before. This is also intrinsically dangerous and probably a bad idea for some people, but I’ve had zero crashes other than the initial one from Finasteride, so I don’t particularly worry about this. I’ve only gotten better. Unfortunately, it’s a very tedious and drawn out process - probably not ideal and I don’t know if it can go all the way.

3 Likes