Amitriptyline (Elavil) any members have reviews on it?

Things have been so difficult lately …I have gone on week after week and not had much change even though I have been actively working out , walking , running when I can and working on my craft (music)
Some things are slowly returning to normal - which is great . Passion over my craft and making music again is one example and also I have felt strong romantic desire for women periodically again so I know the ability is there, which is another example. My body is changing into the most muscular I have been , the gynocomastia has been well and truly conked out ! So this gives encouragement that if my body is changing physically on the outside it can only be time before it changes the neurological symptoms inside.

I’m struggling as you guys know mainly with Sleep issues , chronic pain / tension headaches , anxiety , tinnitus. Anhedonia/ emptiness/ limited desire and some depressive episodes
I know Amitriptyline (Elavil) is supposed to be good for all of the above issues , pain, sleep, depression/anxiety , etc
Has anyone here used it ? How did it work for you?
I used it many years ago for a pain episode and it worked great for that . I remember feeling fairly drowsy on it (Benadryl like feeling) but it was only a 10mg dose and that’s not the dose they give out for Depression episodes .
Please let me know if you have any good or bad experiences , I have been prescribed the drugs but haven’t taken any yet .

How about it then - Amitriptyline and any positive negative experiences with the substance?
It would be nice to hear from the moderators /admins too to see what they know about it …

Thanks !

I’ve never used it and don’t know much about it so can’t offer you my own opinion on it but the search brought these up

There were more results in the search so do have a look through.

1 Like

Helped me fall asleep, but sleep quality was terrible. Made me wake up constantly.

1 Like

How long did you use it for?

Thanks for the info …will do the search and have a look :+1:

1 Like