Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

Yes it is !
And the potato trick I’ve been trying for 3 days has given me better sleep everyday ! Last night I slept non stop for 5 hours, had an extra 3 of tossing around but a total of 1 1/2 hours of deep sleep. that’s pretty good.

As the new diet calls for eating small amounts of low glycemic carbs, plus a potato at bedtime, I have no more carbs cravings. It’s getting pretty good.

I have to say, epigenetic means “what affects genetic from outside”. I believe it includes negative thoughts and attitudes as it’s been shown our body responds to our emotions and mood. Meditation and positive thinking is having a positive effect in my opinion. And I do mean positive thinking despite having reasons to be negative. It’s a matter of life !

2 Likes

I’ve been twinkling the diet in the last 8 days to see what fits me best. As of now, it goes this way:

Animal protein and fat at breakfast, lunch and dinner. No carbs, and actually no plants.

I have 500 mg of tryptophan in the evening.
Then at bedtime, an hour after taking my meds, I have 3 tbsp of rolled oat that has been soaking in 3 tbsp of water for a few hours to soften it. I eat it raw with no other additive. That makes me sleep 5 hours straight without waking up.
I can also have 100 gr of mashed potatoes but the water content is higher and I have to pee when I wake up after 5 hours. Then I won’t go back to sleep. Potatoes seem to have a better effect to prevent depression and anxiety, of which I had some yesterday.

So I sleep good 5 hours, then I wake up, full awake, and it very hard to get more sleep even if I stay in bed another 5 hours. So I tried something different last night: After waking up after 5 hours of sleep, I had a single wheat cracker. Within the next 20 minutes, I became more and more drowsy and I could sleep some more, even had deep sleep in the second half of the night, with lots of dreams.

On my sleep monitor, if I compare last night to my 30 days average I get this:
Awake: 11%, average 14%
REM: 19%, average 13%
Light: 51%, average 59%
Deep: 18%, average 14%

What it says is that the insulin produced to cope with the carbs prevents Cortisol from being produced. Then it’s either Cortisol or Nor-Epinephrine that wakes me up after 5 hours later. By having a cracker, I produce insulin again and I can sleep again after waking up.

I’ll have to try something better than a wheat cracker: it’s got bad fats and gluten. I need some low glycemic index carbs with no fat I can have at 4 am, preferably dry or with low moisture.

I wish I could find some slow released carbs that would last me all night !!!

2 Likes

Why are you claiming that Valine is for penile sensitivity? Were the effects instant or gradual?

I don’t claim that anymore. I saw no effects and stopped.

I did have a remarkable improvement by taking vitamin A effect after 6 months of carnivore diet. Vitamin A alone doesn’t do it. It was the diet, but vitamin A catalyzed a sudden increase in sensibility, to above normal.

I continued the diet and vitamin A and a year later sensibility is a little below normal. Not much.

1 Like

I ate a a Korean restaurant yesterday. They put mono sodium glutamate in the soup: 3 hours of anxiety.

Glutamate is a neurotransmitter that counterbalances GABA. The more glutamate, the less GABA.
Having very low GABA to begin with, the MSG in the soup was all it took.

I just ate the solids, I didn’t even ate the broth…