Amino Acid For neurological symptoms

Lol. Maybe I’ll find the miracle cure in the arms of an east European girl !

1 Like

Telling yourself losing your business might turn out for the best is a great example of how to handle pressure. That shows real self belief. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Enjoy your trip @Ozeph. When you get back it would be great if you could post something on mindset.
The positive things you tell yourself to get through PFS. So many of us fall into the trap of negative thinking, it would be really helpful to see how someone does the opposite in our situation. Thanks again.

What country are you leaving for?

Well actually I’m leaving only tomorrow morning (it’s evening in Thailand now) so I can do that now.

I think everything has both positive and negative aspects and they balance each others to some degree.

Whenever I come to a crossroad in my life and I have no control which way it’s gonna go, my first reaction is I want to go this way because I think going the other way would be so bad.
Then I stop and think of all the advantages the other way would have. I do that until both ways seems equally full of advantages and then I just do my best and go with the flow, see where it brings me.

In pfs case, the positive on both side was either I was going to take a long holiday and stop being responsible for children, family, employees, customers etc… (which is bad, but also less weight on my shoulder) although that was not something I would choose.
Instead, I would use the pain as a teacher and a motivator to push forward even more.
That’s what got me through the first month of a ketogenic diet which is not that easy to get on. It also pushed me to do weight lifting. Both were things I always wanted to do (be slim, get in shape, eat healthy) but never found time for. Pfs forced me to do what I wanted to do. I also brought my ego down a bit. I now have more compassion and respect for other people’s suffering.
I did lots of research on amino acids and stuff but really it’s the diet and the exercise (and time) that made me better. The aminos are good to relieve the symptoms.
And all that pain plus the one I had the year before before (broken arm, surgery etc…) finally brought some balance in my objectives. I don’t want to be happy anymore (although I don’t mind it). I’m Ok going through some pain in order to achieve something meaningful. This gives me a new strength I didn’t have before.

It’s all about attitude and doing the best with what we have.
Awor, Axolotl, Greek and Dubya_B are all good example of a good attitude and pulling out the best out of themselves despite facing adversity.

What seems like the end of the world might actually be the door to a bright new one. It all depends on our attitude and our willingness to extract the best out of ourselves.

1 Like

I’m going to Georgia, a small country between Russia and Turkey. Never been to that region of the world, I’m really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Enjoy your trip then!

1 Like

I just got back from a week vacation with my family. Like @Ozeph sleep is a huge problem for me. But my vacation was great… I had to sleep in the same hotel room with my wife and 2 kids, which sounds weird but if your sleep is as bad as “ours” you know the anxiety it brings. I wore an eye mask and ear plugs shared a bed with either one of my kids or my wife each night… some nights I woke but went back to bed. Overall I had a great vacation and I feel like my baseline has even improved. We spent a week in Captiva Island Florida. I got lots of sun… even a sun burn. Swam in the ocean, pool, rode jet skis, chartered a boat tour, rode water slides with the kids. It was fantastic. I noticed that my head pressure is almost completely gone. Even my vision seemed to improve… possibly from not looking at a computer screen all day. I drank a few beers each day. Started each day with a venti Starbucks Coldbrew. Ate fried food, ice cream, etc… Took no vitamins with me other than sleep stuff. Surprisingly… it seems some of the muscle twitches I had are now gone. Not sure if they are gone for good but I hope they are. I seem to feel like my sleep is improving but I cant really put a metric on it in regards to how much sleep meds I take just yet. Anyway… I told myself that this spring / summer would bring me improvements and I feel like it just might be happening.

4 Likes

Hi shellnyce.
I’m glad you had a nice vacation.
Some of our symptoms, like insomnia and waking up after 3 hours looks a lot like adrenal fatigue.
To counter this, I eat a small no carb snack before sleep, like cheese or almonds, and I don’t wake up and toss after 3 hours of sleep. Someone with adrenal fatigue would likely react the same with a snack right before sleep.
People with adrenal fatigue have their symptoms improved by taking a holiday and relaxing, staying away from stress. Ketogenic diet is also very good to recover from adrenal fatigue and so is getting 8-9 hours of sound sleep every day, even if you have to take medicine for that.
Now I know we have pfs, not adrenal fatigue. But in my opinions, pfs causes imbalances that turn into separate conditions. Not having the calming neurosteroids can result in having our adrenal gland produce cortisol all the time, hence we end up with adrenal fatigue. When the adrenal gland need to produce Cortisol but are too tired to do so, the body produces adrenalin as a replacement. Imagine a rush of adrenalin after 3 hours of sleep, because your getting low on energy and have to produce Cortisol to free some energy from the cell, but adrenaline is produces instead. You would suddenly wake up wide awake in a second and not sleep or toss and turn the rest of the night.
I’ve seen a few pfs people claiming recovery from insomnia by treating adrenal fatigue.
I’m intuitively going the same path.

How would you go about treating adrenal fatigue? I think this is a smart approach, almost positive I have this too

@Shellnyce, good news!

I recently had a reversal of symptoms for a couple of weeks, though some things have come back, I feel like my baseline is also improved. I wonder if that’s replicable? Could you go on another vacation and push yourself a bit further, I wonder?

I have red that adrenal fatigue is treated with hydrocortisone? And the dosing simulates the actual cortisol rythm. Hydrocortisone is used some weeks or months, this allows adrenals to rest and heal. Also Armour is often used to in this combination. This is taken from a similar finnish site to stopthethyroidmadness. User @mcibofh used this method if I remember right. What do you guys think?

I definitely have adrenal fatigue. I have many symptoms of it like low body temperature, bloodpressure drops when going from sit to stand, cant stand bright light, etc… I have my saliva 24h cortisol test results in about 2 weeks then I know for sure. Still thinking about how to treat it. Hydrocortisone seems like the best option now but is it too risky?

Do you attribute this to something in particular you were doing or just time?

I don’t think it’s replicable. I literally do nothing for PFS anymore, I just try to reduce stress.

1 Like

Just a heads up, I also did the 24 hour saliva test which showed low cortisol levels all day. When I brought this to my doctor she said that kind of test isn’t reliable. Then went to a endo and she said the same thing and had me do a 24 hour urine test which came back normal. Only thing I’ve tried is pregnenolone which has helped. Let me know how it all goes for you. I’m considering going to a osteopathic doctor who believes in adrenal fatigue and seeing if they’re willing to treat me based on the saliva results.

I’m also worried about the risks of hydrocortisone because apparently your adrenals can stop producing cortisol since you’re giving your body a dose of it anyways.

Western med doctors are pure shit. They are the reason why we are here. They just prescripe you drugs. They dont understand anything about human body and they dont even care, as long as they have their bonus from drug companies. If they dont have a drug for your purpose, they cant do shit.

I found this functional medicine doctor who can interpret my lab-results and we can make a plan after that. First when I talked to her, she told me that those people came here, who find out that western med docs cant help you. I think that the osteopathic doctor that you mentioned, is quite like the same? So I think that sound good.

I have understanded that espescially the saliva test is reliable.
The test that I tooked was: 24h saliva cortisol, comprehensive parasitology gut test, amino acid test and hair mineral test. I get those test results in about 2-3 weeks. I’ll let you know what are the plans that this functional doc is going make if your interested?

1 Like

Yes please keep us updated. I can live with my sexual side effects but my fatigue is very debilitating at times. I will do the same as soon as I go to the osteopath. I have higher hopes for him as he advertises adrenal fatigue treatment on the website. Surprisingly the endo I went to told me about the kind of doctor youre describing but I just can’t afford to see one because they don’t take insurance. I would like to know what she tells you to do based on your lab results though. Thanks

I’ve been seeing a naturopath and the first thing she said she wanted to test and treat were my adrenals. My 24 hour saliva test showed low cortisol low dheas and hpa dysregulation. She uses bovine adrenal cortex for adrenal treatment which from what I’m told will not suppress your body’s own hormone production. It was about 3 weeks after I took them that i started noticing improvements. Some of my GI issues improved, my sensitivities to supplements wasn’t as much of an issue, my skin cleared up a bit, sleep improved,lowered inflammation and feel more stable throughout the day.
For me when everything else I’ve tried hasnt had very much of an impact this has actually helped , about 30% better from like a 25%. Adrenal optimization will help optimize t4 to t3 conversion as well. Now only if in time this will help repair the damage finasteride, environment, lifestyles have done to our CNS, we may have a fighting chance in this battle yet.

Do you mind linking to the supplement you take? I ordered the same thing after seeing my low cortisol saliva results but there are many articles saying that it can shut down your own adrenal function so I was too scared to try it. Also did you see any sexual improvements?

Not the most scientifically reputable website, but here’s one of the first results when googling adrenal bovine extracts

Tad+ I didn’t feel good at all for the first while on this but got better after.
Also I have found one by Thorne which is just straight adrenal cortex without the vitamins and minerals ,which I think I may switch too. Also this isn’t a long term sup just short term to give the adrenals a rest to heal and reboot.
The problem with the internet is that you ll always find support for both sides and neither are credible. I find YouTube to be areliable source cause at least you see people… people on there seem to like it. About the erectile dysfunction has it helped. I can’t comment on that it’s too soon to tell these take time. I can say that I’m not aware if it being possible of making it worse.