Ambien Inhibiton from fin due to low gaba levels?

Because of my debilitating insomnia/poor sleep I am getting I decided to try Ambien and noticed that it did nothing to help me sleep in the least. I even took double the dose and the medication didn’t effect me whatsoever. Since Ambien interacts with gaba levels to promote sleep I’m wondering if mine are so depleted that ambien is not able to effect them properly? Before taking fin I was very sensitive to any sleep meds and rarely needed them. Even a low dose of bendaryl would knock me into mars.

Benzo’s like Klonopin, Xanax, etc don’t do shit for me.

Yes guys!! Please can someone try the freaking cerebrolysin I ve been feeling normal since february this year! I am not cured but I am feeling normal I have a life normal and lately I’ve been feeling more of the sexual feelings such as strong orgasms! Cerebrolysin regulates the chemicals in the brain…please guys get into the studies of rita rita levi montalcini … She was the one to discover about the nerve grpwth factor and no doubt in my mind finasteride affected the our brain! NTs themselves do not directly affect mood but rather play an important functional role in the modulation of networks determining how plastic changes influences mood [94]. In fact, it has been hypothesized that, by activating NTs systems, successful antidepressant treatments and cotreatments promote activity-dependent neuronal plasticity, possibly inducing proliferative or survival effects on neural stem cells [81]. Because of the fundamental role played by these neurotrophic factors in shaping brain function, pathological alterations in their concentration or action early during development could exert long-term effects on synaptic plasticity, impairing the ability of the organism to cope with novel/stressful situations, leading to psychopathology [98]. During development, the expression of NGF and BDNF has been localized to the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex, two regions which are well-studied sites of both developmental and adult synaptic plasticity and playing a key role in psychiatric disorders [15, 99].

where could we get it?

Seems like you can order it from the internet: drugscase.net/searchadv.html … 133&y=-192
It doesn’t look cheap. What was the protocol you followed? I hope you don’t need to take it every day for months.

Is that site legit ?

I dunno. Some guy here says it is (longecity.org/forum/topic/55 … -purchase/), but I guess it would be advisable to get some confirmation before ordering.

Thanks for the tip. I looked her up and found an interview, http://www.nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=1101.
Now I need to find out which sort of doctor can prescribe it, if insurance covers it, or if it’s out of pocket. And a place to buy it.

By the way, I came across a study at the NIH regarding CREATINE supplement and it’s ability to significantly raise DHT levels. The ration of T to DHT is supposed to be 1:1 according to my doc. I’m currently at 3 to 1. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

I found a site that sells it. The other links I tried didn’t have any. This place is in Georga, USA. Cost-$92.45
http://www.worldantiagingstore.com/brands/ebewe-pharma/cerebrolysin-5-ml-5-ampoules

Previous thread on
viewtopic.php?f=23&p=71439

I’ve used Cerebrolysin and can’t say I’ve noticed many positive effects. Some anxiolytic effects while I was on it, but no lasting impressions. Didn’t really impact libido.

I wouldn’t expect Cerebrolysin to help with anxiety or libido based on what I’ve read about it.
How long did you take it?

Did you notice any cognitive improvements? Clear thinking, Communicating, Memory?

The anxiolytic effect seems to be the most common effect judging by the Longecity posts.

I took five 10ml IM doses over the course of a week. I felt more positive in myself and calmer, but not much of anything else.

It’s worth a go but don’t expect it to be the cure we’ve been searching for. I might try another cycle soon. Although there’s a concern it also causes glutathione depletion, which another a thread on here theorizes is the root cause of our problems.

braziliandude did you try the chinese herbs?

So does anybody have any input/comments on the original thread I posted? Seems as though I’m not only a victom of pfs but a thread hijacking as well!

For what its worth I was taking ambien around the time I first had problems with finasteride. I’ve not tried it since but I was always extremely sensitive to GABAergic drugs prior to PFS so there may be some relationship there. However, GHB works via the same mechanism from what I recall, and that definitely still puts me to sleep even with PFS.

B4 the Fin insomnia side kicked in I would be very sensitive to even the most mild sleep meds…something like benadryl or Tylenol pm would knock me into next tuesday. Now when taking remeron for the fist time the strongest dose does nothing to help me sleep, if anything it makes me feel slightly more alert! What do you think this means? That my gaba levels are so fucked up that even something that’s supposed to alter them has no effect? Similiar to the effects of drinking large quantities of beer, ambien has little to no effect on me.