Altered methylation pattern of the SRD5A2 gene in cerebrospinal fluid of post-finasteride patients: a pilot study

It would not matter about which enzymes are blocked if the theory here holds true lowering androgen levels by any means can cause pfs…pfs imo is more common with finastride because it lowers it immediately and greatly which increases the risk of triggering the syndrome…The other inhibitors are much less potent and effective but cause it in some people…

Seems it takes more androgen reduction ti cause the syndrome in certain people where others can have it triggered by a mild inhibitor…Just my thoughts from observation of users.

1 Like

no because its not a mutation, its an epigenetic change.

a gene is silenced, not mutated.

as for other guys saying this study means nothing… come on, whats the point of saying stuff you arent 100% sure of and confusing others? stay focused guys, this is progress nontheless

1 Like

If you use a DNMT1 inhibitor the gene cannot be methylated, its very well explained in the study. lycopene from tomatoes is a DNMT1 inhibitor for example.

Tomatoes good or bad then?

Bad, Tomatoes lowers DHT.

Methylprednisolone, is a DNMT1 inhibitor, I am not encouraging anybody to use it, but is just to give you and idea that there are others type of this inhibitor.

Sometime I think that is is very possible that Merck is waiting for someone do the research for them to come with the solution.

1 Like

Listen near all DNMT1 natural inhibitors I have found are 5ar2 inhibitors also, what you have put there is intereesting as my only complete recovery where using corticosteroids and I think there were predniose, I think that is pretty interesting!

Hello here you have an study regarding the natural inhibitors of DNTM1:

https://sci-hub.se/10.3389/fphar.2018.01144

1 Like

Funny how I got persistently worse and developed serious food sensitivities following supplementation that contains many of these natural DMNT inhibitors because they are more importantly, as you’ve noted, also potent 5ar inhibitors. The paper you linked also lists coffee as containing DMNT1 inhibitors. I haven’t noticed if coffee makes me feel worse.

3 Likes

You can increase allopreg currently without taking allopreg. You can take 5a-DHP which converts directly to allopreg. Several of us have tried it and some of have got positive results from it. It helped my sleep and made me feel “more normal” mentally.

The down stream metabolites are certainly involved here.

disclosure:

This is theory not fact

2 Likes

they should be doing both. More studies looking at the SRD5a2 genes of larger groups of PFS people as well as studies looking at receptor issues.

It’s good news in the regard that the findings will be used to do additional studies on the subject

1 Like

Where do you get the 5-dhp

5a-DHP did help me. Not really in sexual sides but it did help in other areas. My experience with it was for the most part the same as a handful of others who tried it. I’m not aware of it making anyone worse. However understand it’s for lab experiments.

I cycled it about 5 times. I played around with it enough to know I got the most benefit from it as possible for me. Only way I would take it again is if anything I try makes me much worse and my sleep is struggling enough to point that less extreme methods are not correcting the sleep. Than I would use it in an emergency.

disclosure:

This is theory not fact

Use at your own risk

3 Likes

Ordered it today. Should arrive in 20 days and will report back

Please let us know

Dose as little as possible. We are talking drops.

disclosure:

This is theory not fact

Use at your own risk

What are possible risks? Breast cancer?

Sorry for chiming in late, but i think i can test my CSF in a special hospital. My relative owns a hospital here. (Check out my latest thread.)

One question, you mentioned tissue spesific methylation. Does this means PFS/PAS is tissue spesific damage than systemic? Like our bones receive T and AR’s are fine but maybe only our prostate got methylated? Can you explain simply to me? I really know these medical terms…

By the way when you talk about genes, does this consist of whole body? So, PAS changed my epigenetics? And my development in puberty gor damage due to it?

Blood concentrations of neurosteroids are normal in methylated PFS patients.
(I don’t know how this happens though.)
What’s the point in taking exogenous hormones?

1 Like

Normal levels is why and how those monsters in Merck heve gotten away with it for all of these years. They knew all along

1 Like

Honestly I also don’t understand if unmethylation is good or bad for pfs patients according to that study.