Alterations of the dorsal nerve of the penis

I wanted to know, who noticed alterations of the dorsal nerve of the penis? I mean, I see a nerve, wavy, as if it were detached, that you didn’t see at all before! I have attached a photo, where only the skin and nerve indicated by the arrow is seen, so it does not violate the rules.

Here is the photo of the nerve in question (click on blue text).

Before someone gets rid of it as absurd or otherwise, but please read when written in this scientific study on androgen deprivation.

In humans androgen decline is presented as a clinical picture which includes decreased sexual interest, diminished erectile capacity, delayed or absent orgasms and reduced sexual pleasure. Additionally, changes in mood, diminished well being, fatigue, depression and irritability are also associated with androgen insufficiency. The critical role of androgens on the development, growth, and maintenance of the penis has been widely accepted. Although, the exact effect of androgens on erectile physiology still remains undetermined, recent experimental studies have broaden our understanding about the relationship between androgens and erectile function. Preclinical studies showed that androgen deprivation leads to penile tissue atrophy and alterations in the nerve structures of the penis. Furthermore, androgen deprivation caused to accumulation of fat containing cells and decreased protein expression of endothelial and neuronal nitric oxide synthases (eNOS and nNOS), and phosphodiesterase type-5 (PDE-5), which play crucial role in normal erectile physiology. On the light of the recent literature, we aimed to present the direct effect of androgens on the structures, development and maintenance of penile tissue and erectile physiology as well. Furthermore, according to the clinical studies we conclude the aetiology, pathophysiology, prevalence, diagnosis and treatment options of hypogonadism in aging. (…) Researchers have investigated the potential role ofandrogens in the structure and normal function of thepelvic ganglion neurons, specifically how testosteronehas a critical role for the maturation and maintenance ofterminal axon density and neuropeptide content in thevas deferens [17, 18]. Further the effects of testoste-rone on erectile function via the spinal cord [17, 19]. Moreover, researchers have revealed the impact of castration on loss of erectile function, penile dorsal nerve ultrastructure and decreases in structural integrity andfunction of the cavernosal nerve [17, 20]. These significant structural changes in the cavernosal nerve were reversed when castrated animals were treated with testosterone [17]. Centrally in rodents, the medial preopticarea which can induce erections is testosterone depen-dent [17, 21]. (Nilgun Gurbuz, Elnur Mammadov, Mustafa Faruk Ust, Hypogonadism and erectile dysfunction: an overview Asian J Androl. 2008 Jan;10(1):36-43. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1745-7262.2008.00375.x).

Surely you also see it for atrophy-lack of connective tissue? I have a severe atrophy.
My nerve anyway is strongly visually-structurally altered.

If anyone has this please say so.

Thanks.

@axolotl you have this?
What do you think about it?

Only I have this shit? Perhaps because I was too gifted (21cm)?
Effectively I have a severe narrowing… :persevere::persevere::persevere:

Hey man I don’t think you can see nerves, that’s more than likely a vein or something. I have similar ones

1 Like

Yes I have significant atrophy. It happened very rapidly about a month into my crash two years ago. It’s very difficult to come to terms with the damage, particularly as it’s very hard to take my mind off it ever due to chronic excruciating pain. Can’t recommend this drug enough :unamused:

Regarding the nerve, although it’s highly androgen dependent, I don’t think it’s easy to conclude that’s what you’re seeing. There’s a lot of veins and the appearance of veins often becomes more prominent even in cases who do not have significant morphological changes. I would try not to stress about these things individually. We’re doing all we can to get things moving.

4 Likes