Allopregnanolone, anyone tried it?

Hello guys,
Im fairly new to this forum, but you can see my post on “Hairlosstalk”, where i was saying goodbye to everyone, cuz i really really wanted, and nearly was going to kill myself.
I wont bore you with details, i am a doctor (You can curse me if you want to, im doing it on a daily basis, but im a victim of Merck exactly like you), and i have done a tone of research “Ofc if you can call reading never ending articles about this S*** we are in a research”, and im really convinced that Allopregnanolone might be able to save us.
I really was in shock after reading what lots of guys on this forum have tried to get better, and the only thing that might help with our condition was never tried before…
Allopregnaolone was tried orally for treating major depression in Phase II Study as 30mg ED for 2 Weeks, and the results were astonishing… This neurosteroid has a lot of potential in treating lots of neurological diseases, and it looks like, one doesnt even have to take it everyday at least to treat depression (Further studies are yet to be published to answer how, how often, and how long it should be taken)…
You will all ask me, how are we supposed to get our hands on it anyway?Well its being sold from lots of researche chemical companies, and i have already contacted two of them, and neither one even aksed me, what i was going to do with it…And no its not even that expensive (I got an offer for buying in bulk 2g for 1500 euros, thats like 2 months worth of it, if i will take it everyday, and it would be more cheaper, if i wanted to buy more)…And please dont tell, that guys tried it before, cuz i dont buy, that this s*** celtic dreams has any allo in it.
Im doing much better btw, depression is gone, suicide ideation is gone, all that is left is insomnia, and sexual sides (0 Libido, penis numbness, ED)…If anyone has told me a month ago, that cyanid can help with our problem, i would have taken it no questions asked…But now im really hesitant to try Allo myself, cuz im hoping for natural recovery (its been 3 months since i stopped Fin)…
However, there are lots of members here, who have really really bad side effects, that are still persistent after the year mark, which got me thinking, if i was in their shoes (God i hope i wont be :() i would try literally anything…
I will be willing to get some allo (Anyone who wants to chime in with money is welcome, im a young doctor, and dont earn that much), and send it to anyone here in europe, if he agreed to try it and make a journal of his symptoms, just to see if we can help others who are sick…I know i will be hated for that, but there are no other way around using the suffering of another human being to get him into trying a research chemical, with the hope of getting better (Merck you f** son of b***)…It feels like selling myself for the devil, and i cant stop thinking what would happen if that one killed himself, but on the other hand, what would happen, if he got better, and got cured?..
Any thoughts on that, or suggestions would be more than welcome.

2 Likes

What is your specialization as a doctor? Also does this drug can cure sexual sides too? I don’t think someone tried it here.

Hi, how long have you been suffering and what do you believe brought about your improvements in depression?

I was looking for Ganaxolone and Brexanolone research chemicals a few months ago, but the first was absolutely insanely expensive (like $5000/day or something) and the latter wasn’t available.

Can you tell me what chemical exactly you are talking about? It doesn’t work to just take Allo. You need an analog.

Well im talking about Brexanolone (Known as Allopregnanolone), and i know you cant take it orally like Sage 217, but at least we can make a nasal spray from it, and if its anthing like any other steroid, it has to be well absorbed through the nasal mucosa (Anyway its just a speculation, but with our disease anything is)…
Sage 217 is very very expensive, even when buying in bulk. Another route to obtain it would be chinese chemical companies, which i can ask, but again i cant guarantee purity, or if its actually sage 217 or just sugar poweder
Sorry i didnt answer your question…I have been suffering for 3 months now…Took fin for 3 years, and then tried dutasteride for like 3 weeks but then stopped cuz of side, and went back on fin…3 months after that and out of nowhere i crashed really bad…Im not joking when i say that i nearly took my life by jumping from a building…I had 2 major depressive episodes before even taking Fin, but it didnt even cross my mind that i shouldnt take this poison ( I was just blinded by the fact, that my life isnt worth living bald, and even worse with trichodynia,the mpb itch was a nightmare itself, but ofc nothing compared to pfs)…What helped with depression was taking Wellbutrin 300mg and Mirtazapine 30mg (Almost 1 months since starting, sexually 0 improvment, but mentally a ton better than before, but nontheless nothing compared to pre-duta, let alone pre-fin)

1 Like

I am definitely interested in someone trying an allopregnanolone analog, but Im still a little confused about what you are talking about. Allopregnanolone is not Brexanolone.

Where do you come from?

Im from germany

Brexanolone is just another fancy name for Allo

The problem is with aquiring Sage 217, which is orally bioavailabe, and an analogon of Allo.
I may have confused you, by stating that the study for Major depression was done using Allo, but in the fact it was Sage-217, wich is an analogon and much more expenisve to get

Thanks for joining the forum, as a doctor what do you specialize in???

Im a resident in the cardiology at a university hospital…Thx Merck for ruining my life and everything i have done to get here :(.

1 Like

Stay strong man, I’m fighting everyday myself with this horrid condition for a little over a year now. Have you told any of your colleagues about your condition?

1 Like

To be honest guys, i cant get why we dont just collect some money, and get someone of the most affected by PFS among us, try it.
I really have high hopes of SAGE 217, becuz i truly believe, that PFS is some sort of neurological problem.
I dont want to start suggesting theories, that i cant even prove, but the fact, that PSSD and PFS share a lot in common, and lead to the same symptoms, tells me, that it is some sort of Brain-issues. On the other hand i truly doubt that the Andorgen receptor is not working. Androgen receptor is very well studied, and it would have been easy to decipher our issues, if it was the problem.
I think, that the 5-alpha reductase in our brain have been compromised, and im not speaking of total DHT in our blood, that can come from different sources (Same as you can have 0 DHT and still lose hair, bcuz its the local production in the hair follicle that counts).
Its the local production of reduced Steroids, what makes us sick. When we are deprived from our neurosteroids, we end up in a devil cycle of compromised 5a-reductase (Which btw the rate limiting enzyme for Allo and co. production, and that makes me think, that it is far less synthesized in depressed patients), compromised Neurogenesis in the Hippocampus (And just for fun in the olfactory bulb, as i have lost my sense of smell completely for nearly 1,5) due to basically no more available Neurosteroids (Allo controls the neurogenesis in those areas, and without it, we get memory loss, depression, brain fog, you name it), and our body cant come out of it, becuz depression leads to reduced Neurosteroid production, and reduced neurosteroid leads to depression.
I know, some of you will bash me, becuz lots are suffering from physical changes, but again, normally depressed people have those changes too, let alone We, who are no only normally depressed, but really F* up, anxious, majorly depressed, cant sleep and so on.
If the changes in 5a-reductase is epigenetic, which i think, it is. (The expression of those enzymes are likely to be controlled through DNA mythelation), then we are truly F*, not becuz its not reversible, Epigenetic changes can be reversed, but only slowly. We are f* up, becuz noone will ever be able to study PFS in the next 60 years until enough of us have died, and our brains got examined. (Most of pfs sufferers are young, and this s* wont kill any sooner.
Its just my theory, and ofc i cant prove any of it, but to be honest, if there is little hope for us, it would be SAGE 217 in my opinion.

1 Like

Yes i told only those who i trust. Now i regret it. But at that time, i thought it would be the only way to stop me from suicide, having someone to know, what im up to, and stopping me from doing it.
I cant believe, how awful this drug is. Trust me, im in my 5th year of Resideny, and i have never expreinced anything like this.

What are your main symptoms btw.?
I still have sensitivity decrease all over my skin which fluctuate during the day (Mornings is the worst), ED, decrease penis sensitivity and 0 Libido…Sleep is only possible if i take mirtazapine, which put me to sleep for 6 hours tops.

I got hit very hard unfortunately, muscle wasting, dry skin, genital shrinkage,0 libido, ED, tinnitus and insomnia along with joint cracking and of course severe depression and anxiety, the anxiety has gotten better though. Also brain fog!

1 Like

Somehow im pretty optimistic about Sage-217. The good thing is, becuz depression is a major health concern (brings a lot of money is the right expression), it wont be long until Sage-217 is on the market. I hope i would be around till then. Otherwise im still convinced, that we as a community should all chime in, and try to get it now for someone to try it. I mean, all of us has spent thousands of dollars on fancy supplements, why not on something that may actually works?..I have already contacted a chinese company to see, if i can get them to synthesize it for us. It would be definitely cheaper than buying it from respected companies like Medchemexpress but still, even if it was 50% pure, it may make a difference in somebody"s life.

1 Like

I live in Europe quite close to you and am definitely very interested in trying Sage 217 or Ganaxolone. Of course, I worry about the possibility of being ripped off, especially by Chinese suppliers. Anyway, just thought I’d throw my hat into the ring.

What are your remaining symptoms btw.?