Alex Miller Theory and current research studies

This was the Alex Miller Theory:
http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2577&hilit=Alex+Miller

This is what the study is looking at. Sounds similar?

Objective: To study why the patient population of post-finasteride syndrome (PFS) patients develops neurological and psychological dysfunction, and to further characterize the sexual side effects of Propecia for hair loss.

Methods: To (i) clinically characterize sexual and psychological function, (ii) assess central and peripheral neurosteroid and hormonal levels, (iii) characterize 5-alpha reductase genomics, (iv) measure peripheral nerve function, and (v) evaluate testicular function of PFS patients.

Why This Study is Important

o This study will evaluate sexual and psychological function in patients with PFS.

o This study will focus on pathophysiological mechanisms of central and peripheral neurological dysfunction in patients with PFS.

o This study will assess fertility parameters in patients with PFS.

o This study will uncover the underlying biological mechanisms related to the wide array of symptoms in PFS patients.

o This study will seek to identify predisposing genetic factors in patients with PFS.

o This study will provide leads for the development of mechanism-specific therapeutic strategies.

Patient recruitment for the University of Milano-Bicocca/University of Milano study got under way in November 2014. Patients interested in inquiring about participation in the study can email Dr. Melcangi at roberto.melcangi@unimi.it Please note that only patients residing in Italy are eligible for this study.

It pretty much explains why people sometimes get better but really cant correlate it to a specific treatment that works for others. It also explains numbness and libido issues that are not effected by hormone levels. Several of us have vision issues that can only be explained as neurological. I found cases of guys with similar issues that had spinal injuries.

It would also make sense about the comments being made about recovery time lines being up to 5 years or more. Their drug damaged our CNS and they know it.

Who does that comment? I’m sorry I’m new here

Nervous system dysfunction rarely has anything to do with demyelination. Acknowledging the likelihood of nervous system dysfunction does not support Alex Miller’s theory.

Altered neurosteroid levels and decreased GABAA functioning is “nervous system dysfunction.” And obviously, without allopregnanolone, etc. the peripheral nerves can’t function properly.

The source of the problem could be 5ar or something else. Doesn’t sound like androgen receptor though.