Advice on what to do during the crash?

Hello

I recently quit taking finasterid cold turkey. Previously, I have been taking 1mg of finasterid a day. Currently, I still feel good, but I was wondering what I should do once I feel the crash hitting me? Are there any tips or tricks to relief the symptoms? How did you manage to go through the “hard times”.

thanks in advance

Hi @zen3333, have you had any side effects? It’s possible that you won’t have any crash.

2 Likes

I had early signs of Peyronie’s disease, visible hour glass shape and the shaft of my penis and loss of libido. Some manageable pain in my testicles. I’m worried than my symptoms might worsen over the next 4-8 weeks.

Ok, some people might have other ideas but I think if you are going to have a problem the best thing you can do is make it as easy as possible to manage. Try to rest as much as possible, avoid eating anything that inhibits 5AR enzymes (Google it, there are lots) - people have crashed after being stable and having eaten the wrong thing.

Don’t have sex/ejaculate. If you can get some sun on your skin, do so.

I’m not sure there’s much else I can suggest, sadly. I’d suggest doing those things right now if you can, even if you don’t feel a crash coming.

I believe vacuum pumps are good for Peyronie’s but I suggest you do your own reading on that.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks. I will follow your advice.

One more question. Back when my Peyronie’s disease started I had some pain in the base of the shaft of my penis. It helped to sleep without my boxershorts on because sometimes getting erections was painful. I basically had pain the the base of my shaft whenever my penis was bend, which was usually the case while wearing my boxershorts. Do you think, it would be wise to keep wearing boxers and endure the pain to help preserve the shape of my penis?

Sorry that’s, not a question I know anything about.

I’d also suggest that you seek other opinions on everything. I can’t speak for anyone but myself so while I’ve answered as best I can and honestly, I can’t say it’s definitely the right thing to do.

1 Like

This seems like a comprehensive list. But I don’t know if I can really exclude tomatoes and carrots from my diet.

I know what you mean, tomatoes are everywhere. I had some in my lunch today, but I avoid really concentrated sources in larger quantities like pasta sauces.

My tip would be to not try any tricks at this early stage. Many of the substances discussed by users of this site are in fact anti-androgens, and carry a real risk of worsening your situation. Give your body some time to sort itself out, and try to not stress out about it too much (as hard as this may be). Avoid the foods you posted earlier as far as possible.

1 Like