Acetyl L-Carnitine

If it’s of any use, I’ve been on L-Car for 3 weeks now at 2g/day and have not noticed any significant changes good or bad.

Brand: Nowfoods (Liquid variant)

How about acetyl-L- carnitine?
Maybe carnitine is good,too.But I often see acetyl in improvement story.

I’ve been taking 250 mgs a day. I cut the 500mg tablet in half. I feel like it helps, but it’s not a game changer.

I started taking it not for PFS but I read that people with post accutane syndrome recovered with L Carnitine. Fingers crossed it will help.

I have freaking dry skin for 24 years now. Ever since I stopped accutane. In early December 2019 I had oily skin for 3 days for the first time in these 24 years. That time I took a overdose of bpc 157 and couple other things. Together with the skin everything else was recovered for 4-5 days. I was not able to ever reproduce it again.

But that was proof for me that we are not permanently damaged. It is fixable. Just how.

Hopefully Acetyl L Carnitine will help. I started with 250mg.

1 Like

I’ve tried Thorne’s Carnityl product, and it’s had some positive effects (mood, libido). Nothing huge, though. The trouble is that there seems to be a ‘rebound’ where I’m feeling a little worse afterwards. (It’s also possible that going back to baseline feels worse after feeling a little better, I’m not sure).

1 Like

Been dying from dysphagia and aspiration, throat muscles not working good. Anyone have thoughts on these studies about L-Carnitine with regard to muscle atrophy?

1 Like

Yeah, what really matters is whether or not there is a rebound effect.

1 Like

ACL is basically only supplement that helps me when i use it, it gives me some libido boost.

1 Like

What brand and how much do you take?

Some random brand. It was ACL version. Took between 1500mg to 3000mg. When i take it i feel good, as soon as i stop effects wear off.